I've screwed up my knife edges on my Licenced Floyd Rose trem by being an idiot (not loosening the strings before changing my action when drunk lol).

It's only a cheap guitar so it's not worth forking out hundreds of pounds for an Original one and I'm after a decent cheap licenced one if that's possible..?

Preferably black as the one I have is silver on a black guitar and that contrast has always bothered me.

Or is there no such thing..?

It doesn't have to be the dog's bollocks or anything, just one that works
I've never tried it (and it might be terrible) but gfs does one with a brass block and supposedly hardened steel knife edges. considering it's a cheap guitar and you don't want to spend too much it might be worth the risk. (but as i said, i haven't tried it and it might suck, so it's at your own risk.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay, cool. Thanks for that, I've checked it out and might order one. Am tempted to get myself a Flying V DIY kit too while I'm at it. Only a hundred quid or so, will probably sound like a pile of old pants but will be fun to put together.
I have a Jackson with a LFR, and even though it's not as responsive as an OFR, it can handle whammy bar action quite well. I'm going to replace it in a few months though, it's not a FR you can keep forever, but it is pretty good.

Chapstick on the knife edges also helped to increase tuning stability and its longevity.

But I've seen some people complain a lot about them too. They either got a lemon or don't know how to set them up.
Last edited by DanyFS at May 22, 2015,
I'm tempted to get one of those ones from their website where you don't need to bother about cutting the balls off the strings...pure laziness lol
Quote by arv1971
I'm tempted to get one of those ones from their website where you don't need to bother about cutting the balls off the strings...pure laziness lol

Are you talking about the Kahler trem?
I think he means the speedloader one GFS does. They didn't mention whether it had hardened steel knife edges or a brass sustain block. Call me a cynic but if it did I think they'd have that plastered all over the ad copy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I personally think the speedloader designs are poor.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Actually, there ARE some pretty good ones on the market these days, but I'm not sure how I'd identify them by "brand." Some of the Korean versions are actually *very* good, but I don't think I could point you at, for example, an eBay vendor that would have the ones that I see coming in on some of the better Korean guitars.
I have a Floyd Rose Special and it works perfectly fine, never goes out of tune when I abuse it. Ypu can get one for around $90
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/floyd-rose-special-series-tremolo-bridge-with-r3-nut

Pick a color. This is the best you get for cheap. Parts are still made out of Zinc though I've heard... Or you can just go $200 and get the real thing and wail on it all you want.=D Up to you.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by arv1971

I've never cut the balls off. ever. Thread the string through backwards so the ball is on the tuning post. Simple.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by crackerjack123
I've never cut the balls off. ever. Thread the string through backwards so the ball is on the tuning post. Simple.

Blimey, that's a great idea. Will do that from now on, cheers!
Quote by dspellman
Actually, there ARE some pretty good ones on the market these days, but I'm not sure how I'd identify them by "brand." Some of the Korean versions are actually *very* good, but I don't think I could point you at, for example, an eBay vendor that would have the ones that I see coming in on some of the better Korean guitars.

yeah plus you can't buy the frt-x000 retail (at least without some of those tricks you mentioned last time it came up ), so that makes things a bit harder.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by crackerjack123
I've never cut the balls off. ever.

This hurt me...
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.