Hi guys is there a really big difference between Ibanez INF4 and Dimarzio pickups? I play hard rock and metal and like to do solos.
But is INF4 really that bad? I have zoom g1x. I like something like metally and good for solos that sound like john petrucci's tone.
Quote by Cookievirus
But is INF4 really that bad? I have zoom g1x. I like something like metally and good for solos that sound like john petrucci's tone.

So then the liquifire/crunchlab combo would be perfect, seeing as they're petruccis signature pickups
ayy lmao
Quote by Cookievirus

Ok a few things to consider.

No the INF4s are not terrible however something like the Crunch Lab/LiquiFires are much better sounding pickups.

The Zoom G1X is an effects pedal. Do you have an amp? What kind of guitar do you have?

Finally, pickups are not going to have anywhere near as much impact on tone as the amp. In the politest way possible, if the entirity of your tone comes from a £70 multi-fx pedal then putting £150 worth of pickups in your guitar is not going to make a difference.
I have a guitar with INFs (not INF4s) and it sounds just fine Of course, DiMarzios would be an upgrade, but it doesn''t mean that the pickups would suddenly make my former 6505+ or my current POD HD sound bad. If you'd like to have a Petrucci tone, you will need a proper amp. Nice effects will help too, but the Zoom has that covered. A great metal tone isn't cheap, but some Peavey modelers, or maybe Bugeras would take you a lot closer to your dream tone than just a pickup swap.