I bought some cheap roller string trees for my Jag to help keep it in tune, I guess you could say that was my mistake from the start, but anyway, the rollers on it are attached to a single axle and turn together. It's an improvement on the bent metal trees, to be sure, but it seems to me that the rollers should probably turn independently of each other to function optimally. Besides that, these things don't lower the strings very much at all, which is kind of annoying, but I digress...

Do the Fender roller string trees have independent rollers or do they turn together too? Should I stop being cheap and just spend the £10 (and the extra hole in my headstock ) to get the real deal?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
The fender ones don't roll at all, they're just rounded so the string glides smoothly. Graphtech makes some that are lubricated and glide well too.

Another solution is to use tuners with staggered posts so you don't need string trees at all. Even a good string tree is a solution to what shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. It's also possible (since you mentioned they're not lowering the strings much) that you don't need them at all, or maybe just one of the standard two. Try taking them off entirely for one restring and see what happens. If your strings don't pop out of the nut you probably don't need the trees at all. Some people find a slight difference in sound with the trees but that's a different discussion.
Ah, that makes sense. I'm all for a lack of string trees as such but I admit I've something of an aversion to empty screw holes purely because of looks If I bother to replace this one at all, it being a cheap enough fix, I'll probably go with the Fender one.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one