https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWZFdkGdso8

I uploaded a new video. I am very proud of myself for being able to play this. My favorite guitar player is Buckethead. I think he is just the coolest guitar player I have ever seen and I wouldn't be where I am today without him. One day I hope to meet him and thank him for being who he is because I know how hard it is sometimes.

I am open for criticism on my playing. I am always looking for recommendations, whether it is new bands to listen to, new guitar players to steal licks from, I mean listen to, or simply what to do with my playing on a larger scale like writing music. I suck at writing music for real instruments. I have an electronic album out on bandcamp, but I have always wanted to form a metal band, but I dont particularly like metal, I also dont particularly like electronic music either.

Thanks for the positive comments thus far
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at May 26, 2015,
The solo was fine but way too much fast shredding. Like, so much that it defeated the point of shredding. But if you felt like doing it that's cool.

And I don't know, move to a bigger city? Live life as a hermit? Devote your life to the great old ones? As much as I'd like to help, I'm also an aspiring musician that has no money. So, in a way I need help just as much as you do. Now that I think of it, posting a plea like this to a forum that is chock full of people in the same boat isn't the best approach, right? You have some mean skills, that's for sure. You'd make one hell of a lead guitarist for a lucky band.
jrcsgtpeppers,
Life is not easy for anyone, I just got laid off a couple of weeks ago. I'll be working hard to get a job, but today is a holiday. It's very difficult to make a living as a musician unfortunately. I've had 20 songs get radio play, and did not make a penny from that. Most people expect to download music for free now (I've never downloaded music illegally). Unless you have a connection with someone, most all job searches are on the internet in my experience. This could be an opportunity to seek something spiritual, it helps me a lot. You'll probably need to get a job doing manual labor if you don't have any special job skills. Not fun, but may motivate you to seek out a better education. Don't give up on life my friend! Life can get better with hard work & persistence. Send me a private message if you want. I live in California. I'll give you a phone call if you want. I see you smiling in your video. You can still do music as a hobby with a "normal" job, that's what 99% of people do that play guitar. You can play fast! I have a friend that's gone on tour, he teaches guitar lessons, maybe you can do that. Even on tour playing in front of thousands, he made hardly anything (about $32/day).
I can understand from a listener's standpoint how it would be overkill, but I am pretty much just troubleshooting what I can and cannot play, over some chord changes. At the same time, when Buckethead does stuff like this I cant help but scream how awesome I think he is, so it all comes down to subjective opinions. The one thing I use to judge subjective things is did the artist do what he or she set out to do accurately, and did he or she stay true to themselves and not sell out? By sell out I mean... not to sound nitpicky, but I feel that blues guitar players sell out by playing blues licks. I try not to conform to preexisting boundaries, and I think that is what true art is. To create something that is currently undefined.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I can understand from a listener's standpoint how it would be overkill, but I am pretty much just troubleshooting what I can and cannot play, over some chord changes. At the same time, when Buckethead does stuff like this I cant help but scream how awesome I think he is, so it all comes down to subjective opinions. The one thing I use to judge subjective things is did the artist do what he or she set out to do accurately, and did he or she stay true to themselves and not sell out? By sell out I mean... not to sound nitpicky, but I feel that blues guitar players sell out by playing blues licks. I try not to conform to preexisting boundaries, and I think that is what true art is. To create something that is currently undefined.

your ability doesn't match your ego, sorry. if you talk like that to everyone who you tried to play with and dismissed them as "no talent" it's not surprising no one would play with you

you literally just played some 3 note per string pattern, moved it up a step, repeated it, and called it a day. are you selling out by rehashing the same 80s shred guitar licks and patterns?
Last edited by rky at May 26, 2015,
I actually jam with a lot of awesome musicians.

I did a lot more than that, shall I tab it out for you?