Looks like Fret-King is having a little fun- the Sonic is not yet a production guitar, but it has a certain quirky appeal. To me, at least.

Musikmesse Fret-King Sonic Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR7FZET4F1E&sns=em

Could be fun...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i see fretking is responding to the "it looks a bit like a fender/gibson except a bit worse" criticisms by just releasing something more original which looks like crap
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Definitely not for everyone...but I think it looks better than the Music Man Armada.

I just set a low bar, didn't i?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

That just looks like whoever designed it got bored half way through drawing the body shape.

edit: huh?!? the ones in the video are actually not the same shape as the one pictured, and kinda look a little bit better somehow. They reversed the "I'm bored with drawing a guitar so now I'm going to draw a triangle" part of it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Christ almighty that is ugly. Superstrat + explorer = yuck danny man you have some weird aesthetic tastes sometimes lmao.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm not 100% sold on it, myself. However, I think it has possibilities.

But yeah, I am a bit of an oddball.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Definitely not for everyone...but I think it looks better than the Music Man Armada.

lol yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not really my style, but I don't think it is bad looking either. I think I'd like it a tiny bit more if the headstock had a matching finish on it. Kinda reminds me of the old Vaccaro guitar body designs like the X-Ray and Gen-X.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
to be fair i think a different colour would be nicer. don't like blonde + rosewood.

^ non-black headstock as well. preferably just the natural wood colour.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah that yellow's not helping its case either lol. all i can see is a deformed UG mascot.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

i think it's the yellow combined with the white scratchplate which i don't like
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dannyalcatraz

low it's buried under the bar
Remember Trev Wilkinson is a designer/inventor and there will be thought and reason behind this. The problem is we are all very traditional and hooked on Strat, Tele and 335 shapes. I tried a Fret King Ventura Super 60 yesterday. Unusual looks and heavy but the most comfortable guitar I have ever held.
Purple one looks much better!

Yellow one?

I have been accused of liking some weird shaped guitars in the past!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Aug 4, 2015,
I'm still on the fence about it.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I'm still on the fence about it.

it's like an RG had sex with a lefty explorer.

i hate it, and i don't hate on guitars very often!

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ pretty much ditto
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
and i've seen better looking headstocks come out of zippers.

Damn! How much time do you spend on the wharf, man?

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 4, 2015,
Well, if it is ugly to so many then it might be fun to get one!

I once bought a Framus Nashville deluxe mostly because it played well, but also because it embodied everything I did *not* like in guitar aesthetics: weird body shape (like a Les Paul viewed in a funhouse mirror), cream binding and pickguard, gold-plated hardware. I treasure it as the "ugly duckling" of my collection.
What is that body shape!?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Damn! How much time do you spend on the wharf, man?

i'm going in october, it should be fabulous.
Quote by gregs1020
and i've seen better looking headstocks come out of zippers.

And lord knows, you've seen a LOT of headstocks come out of a LOT of zippers.
all those japanese guitars and their brown gig bags doncha know.

I will tell you what are good.....Fret King's Wilkinson pickups by Trev Wilkinson. They sound great with a lot of tone options and you don't seem to get noise in single coil mode using the Vari-coil system. I bought the Supermatic self tuning guitar to try but although the self tuning bridge is brilliant, I just have an aversion to Strat style guitars. I would have one of these I've decided as I am sure it's better balanced and am going to try a Ventura again.The Supermatic is being offered on Ebay for £675 by the way to UK buyers. We need to be a bit more forward thinking as guitar buyers otherwise companies will not put money into development and bring out better products. Remember Leo Fender wondered why people kept on buying his old guitars when he was constantly trying to develop better products. They still are! G&Ls are way better made than Fenders but a retailer said to me recently he found them hard to sell.
I do like my Fret-King Super 60HB, and I'd buy more FKs if I could get them in the USA. The quality is definitely there.

yeah i watched the demo video of the sonic, and it looks way better in purple and actually looks pretty comfy to play given the arm contour that i didnt see in the photo. also thought the vari-coil is just brilliant and it has such a unique sound to it although a bit more bite from the bridge would be nice.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.