Basically, my question is straightforward - I tried googling, but can't seem to find a definite answer:
Can any humbucker be wired to achieve a coil-split option?

I've seen it mentioned about some specific pickups that they're awesome because you can coil split them, now I read that you can do that with any humbucker and now I'm confused. More specifically I'm taking into account something as potentially crazy/awesome as coil-splitting an SD Blackout.

Would be very grateful for answers and putting my mind at rest.
As far as I know, all passive humbuckers are, as such, splittable, but many of them don't make the cables between coils accessible, which means it's not really feasible for mortals.

I'm not certain whether that holds true for actives, though.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
As far as I know, all passive humbuckers are, as such, splittable, but many of them don't make the cables between coils accessible, which means it's not really feasible for mortals.

I'm not certain whether that holds true for actives, though.

Any passive humbucker can be coil-split, so long as they have four conductors. EMG make 3 dual mode active pickups that will push-pull between single and dual coil modes (don't know whether it's technically coil-splitting, but it's the same basic idea), but you can't split the standard ones, and I'm 99% sure you can't split any of the blackouts either.
Ah, ok. This explains it, thanks actually EMGs are the exact ones I had in mind - I don't remember which model it was specifically, but I saw it mentioned that "yeah it's awesome as you can coil-split it", and I thought only some pickups can do that, but then I looked it up and read any humbucker can do that. And I was like "wat".