Page 1 of 2
Good for them. The stereotype we had here a few years ago were that they were a very catholic backwards nation. But they really have caught up to the rest of the world in the last few years. Now they are waaaay in front of the USA.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Good for them. The stereotype we had here a few years ago were that they were a very catholic backwards nation. But they really have caught up to the rest of the world in the last few years. Now they are waaaay in front of the USA.

in front of the south/New England maybe

EDIT - ^um what? straw polls have been showing this passing for weeks now
Quote by Neo Evil11
The stereotype we had here a few years ago were that they were a very catholic backwards nation.

This. Was I lied to, or am I just old?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
When the thing was announced? Or even during the last few weeks? cause I thought polls showed that they would vote yes.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by genghisgandhi
in front of the south/New England maybe

fyi new england states were legalizing gay marriage relatively early ok just wanted to let everyone know.
Doesn't this go in front of the US Supreme Court soon?

If so, I can only imagine the result would be one of two things:

1) positive for the gays
2)inconclusive and delaying

Good for Ireland tho.
My God, it's full of stars!
I'd say "about time" but my state only legalized it last year.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Neo Evil11

Legalised contraception in 1980, decriminalised homosexuality in 1993.

Abortion's next
Good day for us. The No campaign were going all out and using some seriously dirty tactics like misrepresenting scientific evidence, changing the subject, and some just outright lies. A lot of people got duped, so I like to think it was really higher than 60%

Abortion next.
Didn't the EU kind of gave you a hard time on the abortion issue?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by LostLegion
Legalised contraception in 1980, decriminalised homosexuality in 1993.

Abortion's next

Are those dates supposed to show progressiveness? lol
My God, it's full of stars!
Contraception 1980?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Awesome.

Seeing as how I have a gay, Irish cousin I am extremely happy with this news.
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Neo Evil11
Didn't the EU kind of gave you a hard time on the abortion issue?

Yeah, after the Savita Halappanavar case the whole thing's been a shitstorm. I wish the government would just ignore the religious crazies. They have way less influence than it seems, as evidenced by this present referendum.

Quote by Dreadnought
Are those dates supposed to show progressiveness? lol

Divorce 1986 too The population is way ahead of the government.

EDIT: Actually it was 1995 And people wonder why our young people are emigrating.
Last edited by WhiskeyFace at May 23, 2015,
It's ridicilous that no is even an option, why even vote
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
It's ridicilous that no is even an option, why even vote

It's part of the Constitution to have a referendum if any changes are to be made to the constitution.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Yeah, after the Savita Halappanavar case the whole thing's been a shitstorm. I wish the government would just ignore the religious crazies. They have way less influence than it seems, as evidenced by this present referendum.

Divorce 1986 too The population is way ahead of the government.

EDIT: Actually it was 1995 And people wonder why our young people are emigrating.

That's generally how things go. The youth generally grow up with more access to alternative world views than just their parents. Old people are too set in their paradigm. you see the same in science. Although the youth these days seems to be a bit more xenophobic than the older generation here.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by LostLegion
It's part of the Constitution to have a referendum if any changes are to be made to the constitution.

You had in your constitution that marriage was between a man and a woman? First time I hear that a country actually has that in their constitution.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Now they are waaaay in front of the USA.

It's pretty sad how ignorant you are.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
It's pretty sad how ignorant you are.

I think you are more ignorant, cause apparently you don't know that the USA hasn't legalized gay marriage yet.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I think you are more ignorant, cause apparently you don't know that the USA hasn't legalized gay marriage yet.

#rekt
Quote by genghisgandhi
yeah I don't really see where you're coming from here stewie

Well isnt that unfortunate
Quote by Neo Evil11

It's legal in numerous places here. Y'all dumb eurpoors seem to think of America as one big homogenous country.

Do you really not understand that different states have different laws?
Last edited by StewieSwan at May 23, 2015,
Quote by StewieSwan
It's legal in numerous places here. Y'all dumb eurpoors seem to think of America as one big homogenous country.

I know it's legal in some places, but that still leaves a lot of other places, meaning that you are still behind on ireland as a nation. You can't point towards a couple of states every time you get criticized for the shit the other states do.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at May 23, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11
I know it's legal in some places, but that still leaves a lot of other places, meaning that you are still behind on ireland as a nation.

So even though it's been legal in some places as long as a decade, we're behind. Gotcha.

Hey has Europe unbanned the burka yet btw?
Quote by StewieSwan
So even though it's been legal in some places as long as a decade, we're behind. Gotcha.

Hey has Europe unbanned the burka yet btw?

Yes you are behind cause it is not legalied everywhere. We have just banned burkas from government places where you need to see eachother's face; like education and public transport.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by StewieSwan
No, pretty sure they're banned outright

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_ban_on_face_covering

You do realize that the EU is not tied together under a single constitution like the USA is right? We vetoed that in a referendum a few years back.

And in the Netherlands the government has just decided to ban the burqa in education and public transportation.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
You do realize that the EU is not tied together under a single constitution like the USA is right? We vetoed that in a referendum a few years back.

Hey, now we're finally starting to get somewhere. Keep thinking.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hey, now we're finally starting to get somewhere. Keep thinking.

USA is a federal republic. EU is not . Nice trolling though.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2