I've been looking at upgrading my schecter hellraiser recently with new pickups because let's face it, emg's are awful, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of good punchy and bright pickups for around the £200/$ mark

preferably passive but actives are welcome because it's cheaper to have actives changed to actives than actives to passives.

thanks in advance!
Consider:

Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers or their signature pickups- Dirty Heshers, Dissonant Aggressors, Finger Burners, etc.

RailHammer Chisels or Anvils

Tesla VR Extreme or Plasma series
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm pretty sure that if actives are an option and you're looking for bright, you should look at Seymour Duncan Blackouts.
Dimarzio X2N Bridge and The Breed in the Neck

Should be up your alley.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Duncan Full Shred in the neck and a JB in the bridge

Another choice are the Dimarzio D Activators. They are supposed to have the output of an active out in a passive design
Last edited by PiercedBand at May 23, 2015,
EMG hater...

Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Everyone's going to have their opinions but frankly we need to know what style of metal you play and what your other gear is, especially your amp.

(Early second on danny's recs though. Love my Dissonant Aggressors. Very punchy in the low mids.)
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Check out the DiMarzio Breed set or the Seymour Duncan Alternative 8 bridge / Pearly Gates neck.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X