I have a 1966 Haynes Jazz Prince. It and its bigger brother, the Haynes Jazz King, were made from 64-66 by The Amplifier Corporation of America. The company was then bought by Univox. The Haynes amps were one of the first solid state amps made. The jazz prince has a single 12" speaker, while the jazz king has two 12"s. They have spring reverb and tremolo. And that is all I really know about them. Does anyone have anymore information on these amps? Mine is in perfect condition except for the brand name logo is missing. Anyone know what they're worth?
I know nothing but that handle is sweet. No straps breaking on this amp!
Very classy!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Shockingly, a Jazz King apparently sold at a Goodwill last year for $150. If I were to walk by your Jazz Prince for $150 I'd grab it without hesitation, based on spiffy looks alone. I've seen some crazy Goodwill tales in the past but not since Google came around, who knows?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Shockingly, a Jazz King apparently sold at a Goodwill last year for $150. If I were to walk by your Jazz Prince for $150 I'd grab it without hesitation, based on spiffy looks alone. I've seen some crazy Goodwill tales in the past but not since Google came around, who knows?

not that shocking. they check ebay etc for everything these days and that is probably the price they found at the time.

very cool amp but i can't imagine it has any great value. old transistor amps don't really have much value or demand past maybe for the germanium transistors. as far as tone goes most of those SS oldies pretty much sucked for anything but a clean sound.
The thing is, I have been checking ebay (completed listings as well) since I first got this amp, and have never seen one on there. I have seen the link to the one that sold for $150 at Goodwill, but don't understand where they came up with that price.
i think people forget that just because something is old, doesn't mean it is valuable. sometimes old is just old. not money, old is NOT always money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by kgraham0103
The thing is, I have been checking ebay (completed listings as well) since I first got this amp, and have never seen one on there. I have seen the link to the one that sold for $150 at Goodwill, but don't understand where they came up with that price.

someone guessed then. probably figured it was old and took a shot. obviously someone thought it was worth it. there are many things that are much newer that just don't turn up on ebay that often so that in itself means nothing.
Quote by kgraham0103

if they are that uncommon, that nobody knows about them at all, they probably wont get a lot of action.

not to be an ass, but its an old transistor amp. if it was a brownface or blackface fender, that would be a different story altogether.

keep it and appreciate it. its probably not worth getting rid of if it is good for you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
also complete lists show what has been listed. NOT necessarily sold if you see one that hasn't sold, it means that people didn't want to pay that much for it. sold listings are your friend in most cases.

as i said keep it unless you are desperate for cash. i think it looks pretty nice, and a good story is cool. hand it down to you kids (or future kids) and let it go through the generations. it is neat looking.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!