So my 6505+ 112 combo has no sound when I plug my guitar in through the input jack but when I plug it in the return or send it's on clean but when I turn any of the knobs nothing happens. Could it be the tubes?
Yes, sounds like preamp tube issue. Get a replacement set and see what happens.

If that fixes the problem you can roll the old tubes through the first preamp tube spot (V1, tube chart should be in the manual) until you find the culprit. The rest are probably still good.
Quote by devilmaycrykid
Don't know much about tubes. would i get the ruby 6l6c ones?

no those are power amp tubes. you want the 12ax7 preamp tubes
So in V5,V1,V2 there was mesa boogie str spax7-a and in v3 and v4 there was gt 12at7. Im moving them around and still no sound.
Is that an expensive fix? I only bought one new pre amp tube and have been moving them around to see what it could be but no luck.
Do your preamp tubes light/warm up? If not, my money is on one of your rectifier diodes. It's not that hard to fix, nor is it expensive -- it's just more of a pain in the ass because you have to tear everything down completely.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
The only ones that light up are the power tubes and the one closest to the I think it's the phaser? the other four don't.
Quote by devilmaycrykid
The only ones that light up are the power tubes and the one closest to the I think it's the phaser? the other four don't.

time to take it to a tech
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by devilmaycrykid
So my 6505+ 112 combo has no sound when I plug my guitar in through the input jack

You're in "apartment" mode.
Quote by devilmaycrykid

That fifth preamp tube that's closer to the power tubes is called a phase inverter. It is part of the power section.

What you're describing sounds EXACTLY like the problem I had a few months ago. I've heard of a few other cases of this happening too. If you want to look through the thread I made, you can see the details of that repair here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1669373&page=1&pp=20&highlight=6505+112+is+DEAD

Basically, you just replace diodes D 18, 19, 23, and 24. They're all in a row. The hard part is that you basically have to dismantle the whole amp and separate the chassis from the printed circuit board. It is simply a matter of tearing it down, unsoldering the old diodes and soldering the new ones in. You can get replacement diodes for less than $2, most likely.

I tell you this because the "tech" I took it to basically said he couldn't fix it and charged me $60 to tell me that (he checked the fuses and that was about it.) So don't count on a local tech to fix it. Peavey will charge you an arm and a leg for labor as well.

But, if your amp is still on warranty -- send it in.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM

Basically, you just replace diodes D 18, 19, 23, and 24. They're all in a row. The hard part is that you basically have to dismantle the whole amp and separate the chassis from the printed circuit board. It is simply a matter of tearing it down, unsoldering the old diodes and soldering the new ones in. You can get replacement diodes for less than $2, most likely.

Um...he doesn't / didn't know the difference between pre and power tubes, I'm thinking this may be a bit beyond his current capabilities.

Simple is a function of perspective.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^^Perhaps, but at least if he takes his amp to a tech armed with information, he's less likely to get screwed. Plus, the more diagnostics he does himself, the more he can save the tech time. Anyway, I'm not an amp tech, but I was able to fix mine after doing some research and then working carefully.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood