1) I've recently learned all the seven major scale positions in the key of G (just up and down). Now I'm learning to play sequence in all the positions in groups of 4 notes (for example in the first position: G A B C; A B C D; B C D E and so on). But I'm having problems with some of the fingerings as I've found several times that the next note to be played falls in a place that requires barring (at least I think it needs barring) and this feels kinda awkward to me and if I barre the second note sometimes it sounds like a dead note as I can't let that ring. What should I do here?

2) Sometimes I play just simple chord progressions on guitar for fun and when I play A chord (in the first position), I play it with my index finger barring the strings which I've only recently started to do. But after few days I've noticed that I feel pain on that finger specially right below the first knuckle. Is this normal like the pain that one endures learning to play barre chords for the first time?
Quote by Luminance
1) I've recently learned all the seven major scale positions in the key of G (just up and down). Now I'm learning to play sequence in all the positions in groups of 4 notes (for example in the first position: G A B C; A B C D; B C D E and so on). But I'm having problems with some of the fingerings as I've found several times that the next note to be played falls in a place that requires barring (at least I think it needs barring) and this feels kinda awkward to me and if I barre the second note sometimes it sounds like a dead note as I can't let that ring. What should I do here?

2) Sometimes I play just simple chord progressions on guitar for fun and when I play A chord (in the first position), I play it with my index finger barring the strings which I've only recently started to do. But after few days I've noticed that I feel pain on that finger specially right below the first knuckle. Is this normal like the pain that one endures learning to play barre chords for the first time?

1. Not sure if there's an official name for this technique, but I call it "finger rolling" after Justin called it that. Watch his tutorial. It will take practice before it starts feeling more natural.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCNIGRymio

2. Pain is NOT normal, so I'd suggest you stop doing what you're doing, give it a day or two to rest, and try again. Repeat if it isn't better, and then maybe go to a doctor if it isn't better within 5 days (or sooner).
Thanks for making the comment, after watching this video I'm now convinced that 'finger rolling' is irrepressible for sequencing otherwise there is no other way to continue the sequencing in a particular shape. I'm practicing this thing as precisely as possible (I'm trying to make sure the notes can be heard properly) but however this rolling thing seems a bit tough at this stage specially rolling with the pinky finger seems most awkward to me.

As for the index finger pain, I don't know how come barring three strings with one finger can cause strain? I think you are right I gotta give it some rest.