I'm going to buy my first e. guitar. Maybe it's gonna be Jackson JS 22 with archtop body.
And it doesn't have locking tremolo... I want to play heavy, thrash stuff so for the solos the whammy bar will be helpful. Experienced guitarists know what happens when you do a dive bomb on the non- locking tremolo...
Is it possible to get a new tremolo system on this guitar?
P.S.: If my wallet lets me, I'll buy JS 32 with locking trem and better pick-ups....
Thank you for every advice.
Quote by jozef2451
I'm going to buy my first e. guitar. Maybe it's gonna be Jackson JS 22 with archtop body.
And it doesn't have locking tremolo... I want to play heavy, thrash stuff so for the solos the whammy bar will be helpful. Experienced guitarists know what happens when you do a dive bomb on the non- locking tremolo...
Is it possible to get a new tremolo system on this guitar?
P.S.: If my wallet lets me, I'll buy JS 32 with locking trem and better pick-ups....
Thank you for every advice.

yes you can do dive bombs on a non-locking trem just ask eddi van halen about that . the issue usually is that unless setup really well non locking trems go out of tune much easier than a locking trem. i use a Fender Strat and use teh trem a fair amount.

yes you can change out the trem but it would most likely cost as much as the guitar or more so not really worth it.
^+1

but if TS wants a good trem, why not get a used Jackson that has a better FR system already? A good Fr will run about $200, so just add that to your budget and get a better overall guitar from the start
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have a JS32 King V with the Jackson Licensed Floyd Rose. Unless it is very well set up, it can't hold tune. It is totally usable, if you do a really good set up and lube the knife edges with chapstick.

However, it's not as responsive as an Original Floyd Rose, so I'll be swapping it out with a Schaller Lockmeister. A friend of mine did the same and that tremolo is amazing. Direct fit too. The insert blocks also wear out very fast on the Jackson LFR, my strings snap out of the bridge if I do really big pull ups.

There's also a chance that you will get a lemon like it happened to some people and even with a good set up, the floyd isn't usable.

I say save some more money and go used. With that, you can get a good guitar with an OFR for cheap.
Last edited by DanyFS at May 24, 2015,