So have been explicity told by my landlord not aloud to use screws on wall. so for all my wall mounting needs have been using command m3 strips which come in a variety and have came up with an idea that to mount my guiar that would work if I use two products

1) Guitar Hangar : (not sure if im allowed to link if not just delete link)

2) Command M3 Jumbo Hook

which can hold up to 3.4kg translates to 7-8 pounds carrying weight
my guitar weighs roughly the same if a bit over, was thinking of adding an adhesive velcro strip at the bottom of the guitar to take some of the weight off the hangar. also I seen these strips are capable of holding 7.2kg - 15 pounds

3) Large Picture strips

so if used together think id be on to a winner. Obviously going to make it secure as possible not risking my guitar getting bashed. Thoughts?
Last edited by thegonza34 at May 24, 2015,
No thanks. Better your guitar than mine.

I'd suggest NOT hanging your guitar off the wall. That, of course, doesn't stop you from getting creative and putting together something that could stand on its own right next to the wall and hang your guitar.

If it were me, I'd start looking at some of those free-standing video panel display stands. Should be able to modify one of those easily enough.

Another option is the old fashioned hat/coat stand. You can build or modify one of those to hang guitars at different levels; maybe even rotate.

Last edited by dspellman at May 24, 2015,
I've seen those M3 strips fail pretty often, I'd never put a guitar on one.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Just use nails. Nails aren't screws. Just be sure you hit a stud.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
NOT A CHANCE would I use TAPE !!! DSPELLMAN has the right idea!!! ,Tape is a accident waiting to happen!!
Quote by AcousticMirror
no way I would trust my guitar to something not screwed in.

Yup, I have no doubt that the strips will hold the load but will they adhere to the surface you are mounting on?
Or, if it's a painted wall, will the strip take a layer of paint off?
Just put up a wall hanger with screws. 1. I don't know that your landlord has the right to enforce that you can[t put something up on the wall. 2. When you move out you just take out the screws, put a bit of mud/filler in the holes, sand it and paint the spot - like the holes were never there.
Just get a stand.

Unless you plan on paying for a stand and a new guitar once it falls from your 'screwless' wall mount.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by guitarsngear
Just put up a wall hanger with screws. 1. I don't know that your landlord has the right to enforce that you can[t put something up on the wall. 2. When you move out you just take out the screws, put a bit of mud/filler in the holes, sand it and paint the spot - like the holes were never there.

Where I am the landlord can immediately terminate the lease and begin eviction proceedings if you violate the terms of the lease.

That's not to say that they do (if you're paying your rent on time).

In addition, we have such a confusing morass of renter protection laws that the eviction process in this area (it's different depending on the city and sometimes the state you're in) is miserable and time-consuming. Certainly there can be nightmares on either side of that.
I really don't think it is a good idea. Terrible actually.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by guitarsngear

Landlords can have such rules. They can have basically whatever rules they want.
The only rules not really enforceable, or those where the landlord would likely lose in court, are those that are illegal in whatever jurisdiction you are located in (Country, state/province, county, city, etc.)
You as a renter, by signing the lease agree to abide by these rules.

Tape is a bad idea.
I wouldn't care if the tape has been tested to hold 1,000 lbs. I'm not hanging any of MY guitars on it.

Also, in most locations here in the US, the landlord/owner can only enter you home for inspection/repair/etc. after giving you at least a 24 hour notice. Emergencies like fires and the like may be reasons for exemptions on this though.
So they could see that you made holes in the walls while you are still living there.

Get a stand.
I have multi-stands (one holds 5, the other holds 7, IIRC) as well as individual stands for each of my guitars, probably more.
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 25, 2015,
What's wrong with stands and cases? That's where my guitars reside - either in their case or on the stand. I realize apartments aren't always spacious, but all you have to do is find 3 feet of space anywhere to set up a stand.

I could maybe see the idea of making a clamp device that mounts on a table or dresser or something. Like a C-Clamp with a way to hang a guitar on it. Would that even be practical? I doubt it. I can't see too many guitarists wanting to hang their guitar off their ******* counter or table. Even still, I wouldn't trust it.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Last edited by ThunderPunk at May 25, 2015,
I'd think that if the glue did hold, it would risk damaging the drywall far more than screws ever would. Sounds like a REALLY bad idea to me.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 25, 2015,
Quote by Cathbard
I'd think that if the glue did hold, it would risk damaging the drywall far more than screws ever would. Sounds like a REALLY bad idea to me.

first it is a dumb idea.

second, i agree that glue would probably be worse for damage for a couple of screws.

i understand that some landlords are picky and have the right to be.

but, if you are in good standing and ask, maybe he would be OK with it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/