Page 1 of 2
Up for your consideration is a Jon Kammerer Scorpius* flag guitar. Jon is a luthier in the Chicago area.

If you know my stuff, you know I have 2 other JKGs of the same model. But the others are a semihollow hardtail, and a solidbody with a whammy bar, and each has different pickups, so this one is a little different.

I got it a few months ago, but haven't gotten around to doing its NGD until now.

When it was made, Jon's flag guitars cost @$1800+. When I first saw one and inquired about its price, it was @$3500 for the more complex designs like the American Flag, Union Jack. He does some in camoflage patterns that are similarly priced. What you see isn't paint or stains, but carefully cut pieces of wood put together to form the image you see.

Thought I'd never own one. But last year, he offered me a deal on a prototype Teleclone. So I figured that was it. Then this one showed up on Reverb.

As for what I actually paid for this one? Well...
https://reverb.com/item/457053-2011-john-kammerer-custom-made-guitar

Originally, it was listed @$1000 or so, but the seller was very motivated to sell. Every day or so, it dropped in price. That nasty nick in the neck is probsbly what caused its price to drop like it did. But when I play play it, I don't notice that nick. My thumb glides right over it.

Its knobs are also a tad wobbly. So it needs a little TLC.

Overall: a sweet rock machine that plays like buttah.

Now, if only I were not an American.

* Jon has changed the name of this model a few times, so...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That was a sweet deal There's something weird about the body shape that I can't really put my finger on, maybe it's the way the lines contour? Anyway, it's not really my thing, but happy new guitar day anyway
While I'm generally opposed to anything with a Union Jack on it, that's a nice looking guitar; HNGD
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
That's a very '70's body style; you'll see original PRS's and early Alembics looking like that, and those were just the ones that are still around. Lots of "craft" touches like veneering and inlay and the inevitable "hippie sandwich". It would be right at home with a macrame strap, laid next to a decoupaged stash box.

Very "Walk me out in the morning dew..." ish.
Killer deal, now you just need a cover like this for your couch

[url="http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/billyTheShears/media/tmp_16482-
Screenshot_2015-05-25-16-16-3401-116873843_zpsqceja9vz.png.html"]

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
But I'm a 'Murican!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Nice guitar Danny. Woodwork looks really good.

Your next weird guitar should be a regular guitar since that seems to be weird for you!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Your next weird guitar should be a regular guitar since that seems to be weird for you!

Like a Parker Fly, right?

Now, admittedly, I buy and advocate some oddball axes, but if we look at my collection as a whole...

Out of 21 guitars I own, there are 4 LPclones, 2 Teleclones, a Stratclone and a dreadnought acoustic, so VISUALLY, over 1/3 of my guitars at least look familiar, even if the name on the headstock is different than one might expect.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Like a Parker Fly, right?

Now, admittedly, I buy and advocate some oddball axes, but if we look at my collection as a whole...

Out of 21 guitars I own, there are 4 LPclones, 2 Teleclones, a Stratclone and a dreadnought acoustic, so VISUALLY, over 1/3 of my guitars at least look familiar, even if the name on the headstock is different than one might expect.

At this point, a Parker would probably be pretty bland considering your collection!

Straight clones or 'inspired by' clones? There's a difference IMO. Like I don't consider a Caddy an LP clone etc...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Straight visual clones, not tone-clones- I didn't include the Caddy or my Ravelles in the LPClone count, for instance, nor my RockBeach Camelback as a Strat.

I also didn't count my JKG double-cut hollowbody as an SG, nor my Reverend Manta Ray 390 as a 355.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 25, 2015,
Damn, I don't think I've seen your regular guitars like that. Now I'm intrigued

PS What Duncans are in your new one?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I wouldn't know by looking, but from the sound of them, I think the seller was right. They sound like the JB/'59 combo I have in my Ravelle gold top.

Sonically, that puts it in the same category as my maple & trem version of this guitar, and more aggressive than the semihollow hardtail which has Golden Age HBs.

FWIW, those Golden Age HBs are a pretty nice deal: sweet low/medium output HBs for not a lot of $$$.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I wouldn't know by looking, but from the sound of them, I think the seller was right. They sound like the JB/'59 combo I have in my Ravelle gold top.

Sonically, that puts it in the same category as my maple & trem version of this guitar, and more aggressive than the semihollow hardtail which has Golden Age HBs.

FWIW, those Golden Age HBs are a pretty nice deal: sweet low/medium output HBs for not a lot of $$$.

The JB/59 Combo is solid. I have it in my White LP and am probably going to set my RR that way.

you talking about the Stew Mac pups?

They're okay. I have the Parsons (modified a bit) in my LP clone (the amber one) and I liked them in that guitar. IIRC they are related to Schaller pickups in some way.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
awesome I've said it before, but really nice woodwork on the top there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The JB/59 Combo is solid. I have it in my White LP and am probably going to set my RR that way.

you talking about the Stew Mac pups?

They're okay. I have the Parsons (modified a bit) in my LP clone (the amber one) and I liked them in that guitar. IIRC they are related to Schaller pickups in some way.

Yep- Golden age are made by STEWMAC. They're not killer, by any stretch, but I think they're damn good for the price.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Well, here you go, my more mainstream UG NGDs:

The fact that these constitute mainstream to you... (Nice guitars!)
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
The fact that these constitute mainstream to you... (Nice guitars!)

"MORE" mainstream!

I recognize most people have never heard of or seen any of those brands. But they're not as unusual in form as the rest of my stable.

HNGD.

Danny, what you REALLY REALLY REALLLY need is a new amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks!

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Thanks!

no problem. i have to say that it is incredible wood working for sure.

i am digging my rockerverb, i think it would be great for you. under a grand too for mine. you are really missing out on the tonezz because of the HRD
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Orange IS one of my front runners, with Mesa close behind. Still want to try out the reincarnated Supros, too, as well as some of them fancy-schmancy boo-TEEK amps that you only ever see online...

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Orange IS one of my front runners, with Mesa close behind. Still want to try out the reincarnated Supros, too, as well as some of them fancy-schmancy boo-TEEK amps that you only ever see online...

between my mark and rockerverb, i can go quite far. but throwing a rec in there wouldn't be bad either (i also have a tremoverb). with those three the sky is the limit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
That Rick Vito Hardtail danny....

So much want
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That Rick Vito Hardtail danny....

So much want

Dude, that is my favorite LPclone. It isn't just sexy- the RV just feels soooooo good, and the tones...OH, the tones. It is one of the few production guitars that I actively seek to add another one of to my collection...even if it is one of the Bigsby models.

One quirk: in addition to the bass contour present on all Reverends, it uses a blend knob instead of a pickup selector switch. If you're looking for precision, this will throw you. But the ability to blend your 2 pickups at whatever percentage you want is an acceptable tradeoff.

the blend + bass contour sounds like a pretty cool feature. I'll have to try it out on one of my guitars
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
the blend + bass contour sounds like a pretty cool feature. I'll have to try it out on one of my guitars

Hellzyeah!

Just like you can do a volume swell with that knob, imagine having a guitar with 2 differently voiced pickups, and drifting back & forth between the two. The more different the pickups, the more pronounced the sonic shenannigans.

Note to self: form celtic/rap/dubstep/djent fusion band called Sonic Shenannigans.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Hellzyeah!

Just like you can do a volume swell with that knob, imagine having a guitar with 2 differently voiced pickups, and drifting back & forth between the two. The more different the pickups, the more pronounced the sonic shenannigans.

Note to self: form celtic/rap/dubstep/djent fusion band called Sonic Shenannigans.

Post-celtic djentstep?

I'm in.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
First song: "Dubh Dub"

Second song: fear prátaí
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
"Man potatoes"?

What, tell me that's not Irish as f0k m8.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster

Of course, as the American in Sonic Shennanigans, I'll be playing this JKG on most songs. Maybe I'll even buy this to play through...

At least trashedlostfdup will be happy!

Don't know how the Irish feel about you calling their flag a union jack though. They might prefer their own.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
That was kinda the point- my stage persona as the "ugly ignorant American". The "Jeremy Clarkson" of Celtstep.

'MURICA!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 26, 2015,
I like it. Being a cunt on purpose.

And on that bombshell...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
First album: photo of the band walking across a certain famous street, naked, in blue body paint.

Abbey Woad

Or we can all just gain a bunch of weight and call it "Flabbey Road"

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Well, I'm ahead of you on that front. I am a well-rounded individual.

Sooooo...Flabby Woad?

Sounds good to me
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2