Page 1 of 4
What is your guys' take on the universe? When you zoom in really far weird things happen. You think you can always be arbitrarily smaller, but you can't. For instance, light waves can't have infinitely small wavelengths because it takes a certain amount of energy that isn't available in a single quanta to get the frequency smaller than a Planck length. The universe seems to have little loop holes here and there. Another example is Hawking radiation. It occurs on the event horizon of a black hole. Sometimes a particle pair (a virtual particle and its antiparticle) pops into existence and instead of smashing into each other like they usually always do, one gets sucked into the black hole and the other flies out into existence. This is technically building nothing out of something (as Isaac Brock would say) so to prevent this loop hole the other particle goes back in time and smashes into itself and the black hole emits some of its own matter opposite of the charge of the particle pair particle, as Hawking radiation. Now if someone can explain that better than I did I would love to hear it.

So to me, the universe is just like a computer simulation. All life comes from te Fibonacci sequence and gravity seems to follow it as well if you look at space pictures.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
So to me, the universe is just like a computer simulation.

thsi heres all you need to know, folks.

you'd think id have some pretty interesting opinions on this or at least a witty comment to make because im drunk but nawww i dont lol
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
literally everything is connected.

cliche, yes. True, (more importantly) yes

So I'm of the Bill Hicksian school of thought in that everything didn't stop being the One after the Big Bang and we are just the universe experiencing itself subjectively blah blah etc.

Dark matter is really interesting to me, however (cuz its the metal-est). Its constantly going through us as we speak. I like to imagine it as inter-dimensional jello that keeps us jelling in and with things like the Sun
Do yourself a favor... Download space engine. You will trip balls.

We don't know Jack about the universe, truth be told. A lot of what we know can be explained by mathematics, but as far as seeing it up close... Wouldn't that be something.

What do you think about the multiverse theory?
Last edited by btones at May 25, 2015,
I hope if dogs take over the world, and they choose a king, they don't just go by size. Because I bet there are some chihuahuas with some good ideas.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
All life comes from te Fibonacci sequence and gravity seems to follow it as well if you look at space pictures.

i don't know why i feel so dry
All existence within the universe is like the most epic and amazing symphony of harmonious and dissident waves of energy, forever forming and reforming, coming to new and old conclusions, building tension and finding resolution.

All of our senses pick up on these waves, this energy. Light and sound and matter are all the same thing, but vibrating at different frequencies.

The most fascinating and striking thing though, is that despite its enormous wonderous nature, All things prove to be utterly pointless.
Now, let's kill each other because of pointless shit. En guard!
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
So to me, the universe is just like a computer simulation.

I've heard the ideas about this and the reasoning for it, but it's complete speculation there's no reason to believe.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
All life comes from te Fibonacci sequence and gravity seems to follow it as well if you look at space pictures.

Life doesn't come from the fibonacci sequence, it's just inevitable that it will pop up. Watch these:

Or at least the third one. The first two are cool, but they're just talking about fibonacci numbers in general and how lots of plants have fibonacci spirals. The third one explains why it has to be that way and why not all are fibonacci spirals.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at May 25, 2015,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
So to me, the universe is just like a computer simulation. All life comes from te Fibonacci sequence and gravity seems to follow it as well if you look at space pictures.

What, man?
Space is really big

Interstellar is awesome

Everything is far
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Nothing was created just out of nothing. Everything has its creator. All human "theories" are totally blank. sorry.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
As a wise man once said "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Pretty ****ing accurate if you ask me. Then again I took shrooms once and thought I could see the matrix..
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
time slows down around your mom
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
I think I'll get my life together first before I even tackle the universe...because once you'll find your muse, you'll feel infinite...just like the universe. I know the universe is expanding greatly....it is still a curious question where space came from though and I bet on the Higgs Bosons. But where did the Higgs Bosons come from? Gosh darn it, I'll go back to figuring my life out and get myself together
you could've just said Planck length and Hawking radiation and it would've been a great thread, but nooo you just had to go jaden smith on us and include the bullshit explanations you heard on the discovery channel or some shit

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by StewieSwan
time slows down around your mom

woah

Quote by JamSessionFreak
you could've just said Planck length and Hawking radiation and it would've been a great thread, but nooo you just had to go jaden smith on us and include the bullshit explanations you heard on the discovery channel or some shit

I get my knowledge from a few books I've read by Steven Hawking, Albert Einstein and Michio Kaku. I also watch professors give lectures on YouTube such as Leonard Suskind and Carl Sagan. Although none of them mention the Fibonacci sequence whatsoever. To me it is the unified field theory. It is the equation of the universe. I would prove it if I knew the math required.
Really? Cause I thought you just smoked weed.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I get my knowledge from a few books I've read by Steven Hawking, Albert Einstein and Michio Kaku. I also watch professors give lectures on YouTube such as Leonard Suskind and Carl Sagan. Although none of them mention the Fibonacci sequence whatsoever. To me it is the unified field theory. It is the equation of the universe. I would prove it if I knew the math required.

Start by learning field theory.

You'll need a strong grasp of linear algebra and vector calculus. Thrown in the Lagrangian mechanics, PDEs and dirac notation and you might as well get a doctorate in physics.

Once you've done that, come back to this post.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

The Fibonacci sequence is the seductive bastion for the person with no proof, argument, or reason. An alluring pattern that is simple to grasp by those who don't really care for the nature of maths / numbers. Its worship is just as absurd as the kind attributed to the golden spiral. Little sweet treats to toss around... nothing substantial or revolutionary.
deep thinking implies you have new ideas, not just that you thought about someone elses and decided thats how it all works.. that's called religion.
Quote by zackbreslin25
deep thinking implies you have new ideas, not just that you thought about someone elses and decided thats how it all works.. that's called religion.

hahaha niiiiiice

You know, I think 'deep thinking' is probably an incorrect and overused term
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by zackbreslin25

Says who?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

either you did all that stuff while high as a fvcking kite or you're bullshitting

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by zackbreslin25

Not necessarily...

I would say religion is just straight to Yahweh/Allah/Rh'llor did it

Deep thinking at all implies the use of philosophy.

And yeah I wasn't gonna say anything, but the Fibonacci sequence is part of our pattern recognition instincts... There are a lot of naturally occurring spirals but if you really think about it, almost none of them are actual golden ratios and the ones that are... You're arbitrarily deciding where the spiral starts
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Yeah I like Tool too
Quote by Zaphikh

The Fibonacci sequence is the seductive bastion for the person with no proof, argument, or reason. An alluring pattern that is simple to grasp by those who don't really care for the nature of maths / numbers. Its worship is just as absurd as the kind attributed to the golden spiral. Little sweet treats to toss around... nothing substantial or revolutionary.

As if the Fibonacci doesn't exist in nature every day? That is the very essence of that pattern and sacred geometry, how blatant they are in our lives without us even realizing it. It's not that we are applying a pattern of growth such as five petals on a flower to the concept of 112358 etc. But rather, the we've realize the Fibonacci applies to most every natural pattern of growth there is. A snails shell for example, or do we have to go to high school geometry again? Granted everyone has their beliefs, but this is something that exists even without everyone agreeing with it. Like microwaves and Obama.
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Quote by WildMiles96
As if the Fibonacci doesn't exist in nature every day? That is the very essence of that pattern and sacred geometry, how blatant they are in our lives without us even realizing it. It's not that we are applying a pattern of growth such as five petals on a flower to the concept of 112358 etc. But rather, the we've realize the Fibonacci applies to most every natural pattern of growth there is. A snails shell for example, or do we have to go to high school geometry again? Granted everyone has their beliefs, but this is something that exists even without everyone agreeing with it. Like microwaves and Obama.

Spirals exist certainly, but attributing everything to a perfect golden ratio is a bit of a stretch
Quote by btones
Spirals exist certainly, but attributing everything to a perfect golden ratio is a bit of a stretch

Agreed, but so is the fact that Jesus was born of a virgin and cows are sacred to certain people. If you believe in collective consciousness it's not that far of a stretch. If you ask me though the idea of faith is more important than whatever that faith is. Every religion is just the worship of the sun manifested in a way people can relate to: Christ is a state of consciousness and Ra had 12 "disciples." Everyone just needs that faith to give them the burst of closure they're looking for.

It's kind of cool if you think about it: It doesn't matter what you believe as long as you believe something everything will work out.

Just don't be a pessimistic a--hole or I will take advantage of the fact that you never expect money back :P
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Page 1 of 4