I'm sore right now in my forearm region, and I'm not sure what it is. I'm not sure if it's from improper technique or from playing long periods of time without taking a break (Which I do pretty often now that I think about it). Should just stop playing for a couple days or what?
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Pain can differ from pain, some are "do-able" and some are just really painful. However, pain is never a good sign when playing guitar and you should consider taking a break. Leave the guitar for a while and return. The muscles in the hand/forehand are really delicate and shouldn't be stressed too much! You can also visit youtube for great videos showing stretching excercies. Thumb-rule: if it hurts, you are either doing it wrong or you're doing it too much. Stop and figure out which one it is!
Yeah I dont think I've ever stretched before playing, maybe thats the problem
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Stretching is no guarantee for avoiding pain when playing guitar. Remember, the hand is built up by muscles, like the rest of your body. The more you practice, the stronger those muscles will become. Stretching may help, but then the pain is already there, I would most likely put down the guitar for a while. Stretching can be a good part of your "guitar-program" aswell as a proper warmup before playing. These two activites are mainly for preventing a damage, not healing it. Remember to stretch with carefulness, those muscles are really delicate!!
Last edited by andersson434 at May 25, 2015,