Quote by xcamero360
I need band members but I'm not very open to changing the music I've written.

Most likely:

1. You'll have to find them in local peers (your friends)

2. You'll need to live in a large enough area with enough musicians and find the pieces that pass your standards. Austin, Texas might have that. But some little place like Derry New Hampshire might not. So a lot depends upon where you live.

3. They will have to like you, your music and have an interest in being a part of what you want to do.

4. Then they will have to agree that they like your inflexibility, and that their own creative input isn't welcomed.

Once you can do all that, you'll have your band.

Well, kind of.

Then there's the whole thing of availability. Can everyone's schedules mesh to meet and practice? Do people have, you know, jobs, homework, commitments to every other area of life that make it hard to meet as a group?

And then there's personality. Do the band members mesh, and get along? Are there 5 narcissists in the band? Does the singer have LSD (Lead Singer Disease)? Are the players broke? Are there any "problems" medical, drugs, lack of commitment and motivation that might drag down the rest of the band? Does anyone get drunk and beat up the others?

So yeah, there's a bit more.

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at May 25, 2015,
Quote by xcamero360
I need band members but I'm not very open to changing the music I've written.

Then you'd better be really awesome.
^Good Luck.

Start learning multiple instruments. Or you know, let other people be creative too.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
If you people came here to do nothing but criticize, please leave. My thanks to the first poster for actually helping.
You could do with a large dose of humility. Seriously, the attitude is not helping.
The reality is that unless you are insanely talented and your music is self-evidently jaw-droppingly awesome, no one is going to want to simply play your songs, your way, without creative input, for no money. I see bands disbanding all the time because of this - one front man who wants to run the show, and a bunch of band mates who lose interest and aren't getting paid anyway so they quit.

The lesson here is you need to adjust your attitude or open your wallet and hire people to play your songs.
Quote by xcamero360
If you people came here to do nothing but criticize, please leave. My thanks to the first poster for actually helping.

We came to give constructive criticism and advice, which is what you asked for.

Honestly, changing your opinion of not allowing people to add creative input to compositions you work on will do you a lot of good. Both as a musician and a person.

In regards where to find them, as Sean mentioned, among your peers is a good place to start. Other places to look is if your town has any form of art school, and see what people goes to that school. (I am talking about those schools people often have as "after school" activities, that usually take in people between the ages of 8 and 25)

Depending on your age, look into people who are gigging at restaurants, bars and clubs around your area. There might be bands looking to extend their line up, or solo musicians looking for people to jam with.

Also, look for events in your town relating to music. If there are concerts, lessons etc there are bound to be musicians there that you can get to know.

Other than that, Sean's post is right on.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
It depends on your skill level. Maybe you're good; maybe you're not. As far as your mindset... you're clearly stubborn, and starting a band with other stubborn people. Either way, you're definitely looking at an uphill battle until you can mature a little bit. A little humility and compromising can go a long way.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Sickz
We came to give constructive criticism and advice, which is what you asked for.

Honestly, changing your opinion of not allowing people to add creative input to compositions you work on will do you a lot of good. Both as a musician and a person.

In regards where to find them, as Sean mentioned, among your peers is a good place to start. Other places to look is if your town has any form of art school, and see what people goes to that school. (I am talking about those schools people often have as "after school" activities, that usually take in people between the ages of 8 and 25)

Depending on your age, look into people who are gigging at restaurants, bars and clubs around your area. There might be bands looking to extend their line up, or solo musicians looking for people to jam with.

Also, look for events in your town relating to music. If there are concerts, lessons etc there are bound to be musicians there that you can get to know.

Other than that, Sean's post is right on.

And I appreciate that. But there's nothing constructive about what some of these people said.
Quote by xcamero360
And I appreciate that. But there's nothing constructive about what some of these people said.

Nah man. Everything said here was pretty construcive.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
It depends on your skill level. Maybe you're good; maybe you're not. As far as your mindset... you're clearly stubborn, and starting a band with other stubborn people. Either way, you're definitely looking at an uphill battle until you can mature a little bit. A little humility and compromising can go a long way.

I never said I wasn't going to compromise at all. And what did I say that was immature? I asked for help and then politely asked the people heckling me to leave.
Quote by theogonia777
Nah man. Everything said here was pretty construcive.

Then I must have misunderstood.
I'm going to guess that you haven't been in a band before, because you're pretty attached to the music you've written. As you write more you'll become less attached, and will be willing to try out other people's ideas and change your songs.

With this in mind, the "skill level" can't refer to experience in bands. You probably can shred really fast in your bedroom but have little experience locking in with bass and drums.

If this is all incorrect and you just want nobody to change your music, upload your tracks to soundcloud and ask if anyone wants to play those songs with you.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Last edited by AlanHB at May 25, 2015,