What do you think of Joyo pedals? They are dirt cheap, but some of them don't sound half bad to me. Like the Joyo Vintage Overdrive for example.
Quote by Will Lane
They have a decent sound quality for their price. But some people have had bad experiences with build quality, so they're hit and miss I think.

This 100 percent.

FWIW. I had a Joyo SBOD and it worked plenty fine. I don't have the lightest touch either but again everybody has different experiences.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I bought one of their programmable switchers and it does the trick for me; four months in, no problems.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I bought a bunch of them just for giggles - I don't really use pedals much. I picked up the phaser, digital delay (which isn't digital), 6 band e.q., flanger, and chorus. They work well enough. Sturdy construction. I haven't had any problems with them. I can't speak for their distortion pedals though.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Hi kgraham!

The JOYO Brand is actually a good and decent effects pedal brand!
Try some of them out - no worries - they're funny little pedals!
Quote by Will Lane
They have a decent sound quality for their price. But some people have had bad experiences with build quality, so they're hit and miss I think.

yep that's pretty much it. by and large they're clones of well-regarded pedals, so the sound is pretty decent.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've got one of their octave fuzzes. I've gigged with it and it never caused me any trouble. Sounded pretty good too. I also had the Vintage Overdrive. Good sound and I gigged it a lot. Never an issue.

They sound much better than their price range would suggest.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
i've never had a good experience with one and am at the stage where i basically refuse to offer repairs on them because they take up too much time and are super shitty to work on.
mojostompboxes.com
I have a Vintage Overdrive and the D-Seed. I feel that they work great.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I have a Joyo Flanger and it had a trimpot not actually pushed through the holes in the board. Obviously the victim of rushing the job.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm so so tempted buy them but only for home use. Wouldn't trust them on stage. I'm sure they all sound great
My AC Tone is fairly nice, whatever that counts for.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Only one I would advice against is their Noise Gate, unless they have fixed it. It is a tone sucker and it adds a bit of farty distortion on top, easy to spot on clean channel.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I've got a few, have experienced no problems.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
i haven't had hands on with them, but i stay away from anything that isn't reliable.

honestly, if you are just messing around home, i could understand it. if you want something that sounds good and it doesn't matter if it fails i don't see a big deal.

i wouldn't ever bring one to a gig. that is too much of a gamble. i don't bring ANYTHING questionable to a gig.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Joyo pedals are fine as long as you understand that most of them are not clones like people say they are. They’re knockoffs, not clones. For example, the Ultimate Drive is often labeled an OCD clone, but it’s really a derivative design with more gain. The Extreme Metal (Metal Muff) is similar, but again, MOAR GAIN, so the boost is probably unusable unless you’re just doing abrasive noise rock. The Tech 21 knockoffs are close, but you can’t turn off the speaker/cabinet emulation. Do your homework before you buy—Joyo has a guy with a recording studio make in depth demo YouTube videos of all their stuff.
Quote by jpnyc
Do your homework before you buy—Joyo has a guy with a recording studio make in depth demo YouTube videos of all their stuff.

Might as well link the guy. Very informative and amusing videos. Though he does work for Joyo so some praises with grain of salt but when he does find something negative he does say it. For example according to him the Extreme Metals boost function is completely useless.

https://www.youtube.com/user/EytschPi42

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by jpnyc
Joyo pedals are fine as long as you understand that most of them are not clones like people say they are. They’re knockoffs, not clones. For example, the Ultimate Drive is often labeled an OCD clone, but it’s really a derivative design with more gain. The Extreme Metal (Metal Muff) is similar, but again, MOAR GAIN, so the boost is probably unusable unless you’re just doing abrasive noise rock. The Tech 21 knockoffs are close, but you can’t turn off the speaker/cabinet emulation. Do your homework before you buy—Joyo has a guy with a recording studio make in depth demo YouTube videos of all their stuff.

yeah some of them (most of them?) aren't straight clones, they're tweaked clones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the more basic fx that i've tried from Joyo are pretty good and seem fairly well built considering. i have a 6-band eq and that has held up fine so far. would i use them on my world tour, well probably not, at a dive bar definitely.
I have/had a few of their pedals and never any issues - compressor, tuner, Vintage OD, AC Tone and D-Seed delay. All the pedals i thought performed well and sounded good. If you want a TS type pedal their Vintage OD is dead on. A/B'd it with a TS from the early 80s and about 6 different reissues/anniversary pedals from Ibanez and the Joyo sounded I would say 96% if the original TS and also closer than the reissues.

I will say some of their pedals are better built than others - the D-Seed is a very solid box and pedal. I am looking to get a Sweet Baby in the future.

Also you might be interested in some Caline pedals - don't have as much experience with them but their Pure Sky and Orange Burst overdrives are nice.

I should say that I mostly play at home and church so my pedals do not see a lot of abuse.
I used the Joyo Tremolo for a while. Better than most Trems I've used. Good stuff.

Voodoo Octave is a fun little fuzz pedal. I'd recommend that.
I just found this, thought it might be of interest, it's from "freestompboxes.org". Basically, it's a list of which pedals' circuitry they used for their own:

JF-01 Vintage Overdrive = IBANEZ TS-808
JF-02 Ultimate Drive = Fulltone OCD
JF-04 High Gain Distortion = Marshall Shredmaster
JF-05 Classic Chorus = IBANEZ CS-9
JF-11 6 Band EQ = MXR 6 BAND EQ
JF-17 Extreme Metal = EH metal muff
JDI-01 DI Box = H&K red box classic
JF-35 Pocket Metal = EH pocket metal muff
JF-36 Sweet Baby = Mad Professor Sweet Honey
JF-37 Analog Chorus = BOSS CE-2
JF-38 Roll Boost = Mi-Audio Boost 'n' Buff
JF-39 Deluxe Crunch = "is unique"

Here's the link:
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16105&start=80
I could possibly buy another Joyo but I'd treat it as a repair job and go over the board with a fine tooth comb before I'd ever take it to a gig. But I'm far more likely to buy something else after what I've seen. They're built by dyslexic monkeys on meth.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've always found Joyos to have really good build quality considering their price. Far superior to Behringers and the like
Quote by iwannabesedated
Far superior to Behringers and the like

It’s not hard to beat plastic