I have been playing solidly for a few weeks now and Im starting to lose inclination to play because I dont feel Im able to play songs at all well and I keep just trying to use my indezx finger to play. Im thinking of buying a new guitar to gain inclination but what do I do as I cant get my fingers into the shapes of chords and I cant get the speed down for the majority of songs. What should I do?
Just keep playing. It's normal. I remember having problems with changing chords. It seemed to take me forever just to move my fingers from one chord to another. Just keep learning songs with 3-4 chords and with a bit of practice it should be sorted out.

This video should be helpful as general guide to learning guitar (although it is aimed primarily at metal guitarists, it should help set you on your path regardless)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvzYEA5CuTo&list=FLFooTo71WZpB5zSlFcThkLw&index=5
Quote by Scratcher17
Just keep playing. It's normal. I remember having problems with changing chords. It seemed to take me forever just to move my fingers from one chord to another. Just keep learning songs with 3-4 chords and with a bit of practice it should be sorted out.

This video should be helpful as general guide to learning guitar (although it is aimed primarily at metal guitarists, it should help set you on your path regardless)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvzYEA5CuTo&list=FLFooTo71WZpB5zSlFcThkLw&index=5

Thank you so much. I am sure that this will help me to progress through the beginner stages of learning guitar.
It takes time. Trust me, the more effort you pout in the more you will get out of your guitar. Its not easy to get good at guitar. It takes a lot of hours of practice.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
A few weeks? What other hobby can you be a professional in a few weeks? These things take years and years and years to master.
For the inclination part I would suggest to play with some friends; decide some songs to play and practice, preferebly one of you would sing as well to (Someone singing the song others or all togheter play the song I think helped me a lot when just starting to play, later will be able to play songs that are more 'independent' eg. have riffs, licks, solos etc, than just regular chord songs)

When I first starting playing I was just practing alone or with my gf but I never got that inclination that you are talking about. But when I took some guitar courses, played with others and stuff like that I immediately was taken away; my desire to play skyrocketed and I started to play almost everyday for many hours as often as I had time.

My last advice that worked for me was to watch a lot of covers on youtube, motivates & drives me to get better when I see regular people doing awsome covers!

Best of luck to you on your guitar journey!