If you read to your kids, you're "unfairly disadvantaging other kids."

Page 1 of 2
I used to work with this really pretentious parent who said I have bad parents 'cause they never read to me lmao.

I am self-aware enough to know I shouldn't have kids don't worry.
My dad made up great bed time stories so
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by behind_you
that article title was probably the most retarded thing i've read in a long time

this

philosophy dude seems like a funny guy
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
what a crock of shit. my parents read to me and yes, I was smarter than everyone else in kindergarten, but did that disadvantage the other kids? no, they knew I was insecure and that ****ed me up more than their parents not reading to them ever did.

don't know whether that's hilarious or a mild sob story...
He seems like he was being facetious but don't expect National Review to get humor.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Pastafarian96
what a crock of shit. my parents read to me and yes, I was smarter than everyone else in kindergarten, but did that disadvantage the other kids? no, they knew I was insecure and that ****ed me up more than their parents not reading to them ever did.

don't know whether that's hilarious or a mild sob story...

It's a Pastafarian post so my guess is sob story
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Hungryformore21
Link

smh higher education at it's best

I don't really care about the article but your usertitle is great
I don't get when people get all mad about some random (singular) guy saying something dumb (and not even harmful) across the world somewhere. Like it'd make sense if it was a common viewpoint but jeez.

That article reads (and was written a lot like) an onion joke, and I feel like the last paragraph sums up all you can say about it.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
reading to your kids is shitty parenting anyways. encourage 'em to read on their own and hook them up with books & shit. if they do nothing with that freedom of information they were probably dumb & in the way kids anyways.
Wait, there are parents who don't read to their children? what the ****.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Wait, there are parents who don't read to their children? what the ****.

my parents didnt read me shit and i was way ahead of everyone else. welfare mentality, libtards blaming others for their own failure and laziness. wheres my man xiaoxi
Quote by Thrashtastic15
my parents didnt read me shit and i was way ahead of everyone else. welfare mentality, libtards blaming others for their own failure and laziness. wheres my man xiaoxi

lol. My parents read to me, then we read together, and then I read on my own.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Everyone should be illiterate and never learn to read, so that we never have to worry about parents reading to their children.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Neo Evil11
lol. My parents read to me, then we read together, and then I read on my own.

could've just cut the crap and started reading on your own but of course you are just a europoor so you don't have that american spirit
Quote by Thrashtastic15
could've just cut the crap and started reading on your own but of course you are just a europoor so you don't have that american spirit

I'm sorry if the love we have for our children seems to come in the way of your american dream.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I'm sorry if the love we have for our children seems to come in the way of your american dream.

if you loved your children you would want to see them reach their potential through hard work and self-motivation instead of enforcing welfare mentality.
Quote by JackSaints
Everyone should be illiterate and never learn to read, so that we never have to worry about parents reading to their children.

This would at the very least purge us of the internet forum, more specifically posters like Thrash.

Then future Thrash reincarnate be all like "but it's what plants crave!!!"
Last edited by wafflesyrup at May 25, 2015,
How about you're disadvantaging your kids if you don't read to them.

The T.V. and the iPad aren't advantageous to learning? Shocker.
My parents read to me every night, and tried to get me to learn. I couldn't, hell, I couldn't even read when I got up to 1st grade. They had to send me to extra reading classes. I struggled, but finally got the hang of it. Once I could read, I never stopped. Still reading to this day. Good times ensued.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Thrashtastic15
if you loved your children you would want to see them reach their potential through hard work and self-motivation instead of enforcing welfare mentality.

That's not love.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Can you disadvantage other kids?

Aren't you simply advantaging your own kids?

I don't think it's possible to actively give someone a lack ofsomething they didn't have to begin with.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
You can see it that way, or you can see it as other shitty parents letting their kids fall behind.

One of the problems with privilege and inequality is that nobody is going to intentionally deny advantages to their own kids for the sake of helping everyone else's kids compete with their kid.
Unfairly disadvantaging other kids...

lol where the hell is the world going to.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"You can't do things that help your child. Think of the children with bad parents that you're disadvantaging! Stop being a good parent, it's not fair!"
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Thats got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read.
The title of Professor is more deserving to Gilligan than the idiot that wrote that article.

Edit:
I mean the professor talked about in the article, not the author.
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 25, 2015,
I had unfiltered internet longer than I slept without a night light, the **** do I want someone reading to me for?

I doubt green eggs and ham, and go dog go put me ahead of anyone
I don't think my parents reading to me put others at a disadvantage - they weren't even home most of the time. I just learned how to read super early and my parents then accomodated my desire to read by getting me lots of books.

Quote by btones
How about you're disadvantaging your kids if you don't read to them.

The T.V. and the iPad aren't advantageous to learning? Shocker.

ugh this reminds me, I have LOTS of cousins in the 3-7 age range, and only one of them is able to use her own imagination for play rather than demanding her parents' phones or ipads. She has her own iPad but she knows she can only use it for half an hour every day and she doesn't whine about not getting it - when she was at my house the other day she played with an old Barbie and some of my stuffed animals for hours and only used the iPad while I was painting her nails. None of the others can eat dinner without having the TV on or playing a game or something. I don't get how no one sees that there's anything wrong.

meanwhile here I am addicted to neopets
cat
Quote by Thrashtastic15

nice

Quote by Thrashtastic15

Thanks for filling in for me today while I was out on a day trip that no europoor libtard could afford (like $80 ).

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've spent my whole childhood receiving love, care and support from my parents...

....those monsters!

We should abolish happiness while we are at it. People that are happy do better in life, making it unfair for those that are not. Also, if everybody is unhappy, unhappiness loses it's meaning, meaning nobody would be unhappy anymore. Checkmate
Page 1 of 2