Page 1 of 2
What peculiar rituals/habits do you have? Is there some minor thing you do routinely that doesn't seem to serve a greater purpose other than the fact that you usually do things that way? Is there anything you do that you know doesn't make a huge difference? Is there anything you do that hasn't been apparent to you until someone pointed it out to you?

I've had a few.

For one, What I carry in my pocket has designated pockets and it makes me uncomfortable if it isn't that way. It used to be that my iPod was in my right pocket, my phone in my left, and my wallet in my back left pocket. Now that my iPod is dead (R.I.P. I'll buy another someday), my keys are in my right pocket by themselves.

I have weird ways of eating things. I peel the skin off fried chicken and usually save it for last. If I eat tacos from Taco Bell, I take the cheese off, eat from top-bottom and eat the vegetables first, then I put Fire Sauce and put the cheese back on and eat it from side-side. If I'm having soda, I eat everything first and then start drinking.

Also, if I'm eating at home, I have to watch a film or TV show.

I've been told that when I walk with a woman, I'm always to the left of her.

In before American Psycho intro monologue
In before "I **** on the first date"

YOUR MOVE.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at May 26, 2015,
I try not to step on cracks or joints of things. Like I'll try to step in the middle of tiles instead of on the cracks in between. It's not compulsive or anything, it's just for fun.

Whenever I eat cheeze-its/goldfish I always turn them salty side down.

I scout out the dorito with the most powder on it before eating. I do this with pretzels as well, except, in that case, it's salt coverage.

When I'm eating M&Ms, I eat them three at a time. Each set has to be made up of two of the same color and one different, except for red/blue/yellow. Blue/blue/green is the best combination.
I go to sleep on a daily basic on a pretty regular schedule
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by soundgarden1986
our pocket designation is exactly the same

Maybe it's common and we're not special after all.
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I go to sleep on a daily basic on a pretty regular schedule

Have you tried switching to an acidic regimen instead?
Also, maybe try sleeping on a nightly basis like a regular person.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
Maybe it's common and we're not special after all.

Have you tried switching to an acidic regimen instead?
Also, maybe try sleeping on a nightly basis like a regular person.

I work at night though...
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by chrismendiola
YOUR MOVE.

Making the most overly-nitpicky adjustments to energy card amounts on my Raindance and Grass/Bug-poison type (with a splash of... fire? I think) powerhouse decks. The Raindance one especially, since you could go heavy on the unlimited energy attachments per turn and do some good, quick shutdowns if the bench was stacked... but at the cost of less probability of getting to the 'pokemon-trainer' search your deck type cards to make sure Blastoise was reached asap.

Surprisingly the Bug one was easier and did not require such painstaking accuracy (since the poison would be I think 10 damage counters/turn, even before having to use your attack, obviously) so just go heavier on leaf energies with the others moreso to defend and take the hits. But that freaking raindance deck--- first game would have seemingly too many drawn, second game would have seemingly not enough drawn #HopelessPerfectionist
I pretty much have a heart attack if I don't have keys + phone in left and wallet in right.

Back when I smoked I would always take out the third cigarette from the right at the front row and put it back upside down, and I would insist on always smoking the second from the left first whenever I started a new pack.
🙈 🙉 🙊
eating my own poo
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
lol the pocket thing, i do cell phone only in left pocket, keys/lighter/change in right pocket, wallet in right ass pocket and it will never change

also i shave the precise same way every time i shave, i start in the same place always and do the same routine every time forever
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Every time I jack off I'm like "this is the day I test my own cum" but then I chicken out and say I'll do it later.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
i've got so many of these i could make a full page long cockatoo post outta it

they don't call em superstitions for nothing
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
eating my own poo

nice

I don't like using my computer before I shower

My phone and stuff go in my bag since my pockets aren't big enough but I have special places for each depending on the type of bag I'm carrying

whenever I walk past my hamster's cage I have to check where she is and what she's doing (I swear I'm not a helicopter parent she's just so adorable that I want to play with her all the time)

I wear different clothes/shoes for different types of shopping (clothes, books, makeup, groceries etc) and if I'm buying a bunch of different things on the same trip I have a different type of outfit for that.
cat
Quote by MinterMan22
i've got so many of these i could make a full page long cockatoo post outta it

OT: I also don't drink anything until all the food is gone.

my pocket setup: cellphone in left pocket, Id/etc. in right pocket sometimes with other stuff. I do not carry a wallet lol. when I carry cash, I put half in the right pocket, half in the left pocket. never put anything in the back pockets.

whenever I open the internet, I click new tab and then close the original tab before I do anything. this habit developed with the last couple of years and idk why.

there are a lot I know but can't think of them atm.
Quote by slipknot5678

OT: I also don't drink anything until all the food is gone.

my pocket setup: cellphone in left pocket, Id/etc. in right pocket sometimes with other stuff. I do not carry a wallet lol. when I carry cash, I put half in the right pocket, half in the left pocket. never put anything in the back pockets.

whenever I open the internet, I click new tab and then close the original tab before I do anything. this habit developed with the last couple of years and idk why.

there are a lot I know but can't think of them atm.

haha yeah ask me again in a month ill be glad to type em all out ok

Quote by Fat Lard
Making the most overly-nitpicky adjustments to energy card amounts on my Raindance and Grass/Bug-poison type (with a splash of... fire? I think) powerhouse decks. The Raindance one especially, since you could go heavy on the unlimited energy attachments per turn and do some good, quick shutdowns if the bench was stacked... but at the cost of less probability of getting to the 'pokemon-trainer' search your deck type cards to make sure Blastoise was reached asap.

Surprisingly the Bug one was easier and did not require such painstaking accuracy (since the poison would be I think 10 damage counters/turn, even before having to use your attack, obviously) so just go heavier on leaf energies with the others moreso to defend and take the hits. But that freaking raindance deck--- first game would have seemingly too many drawn, second game would have seemingly not enough drawn #HopelessPerfectionist

Lol, you're the only person I've ever known to have ever played the card game. How do you even play? My brother and I had a few cards but we just pretended to play it like Yu-Gi-Oh! because there was nobody around who could teach us how to play the Pokémon card game.
Free Ali
this gem of a game:

Childhood friend and I would hit up Toys R Us Mondays where they had these 2 hr sessions. Back when I thought 20-somethings with bad BO and cell phones were heroes to look up to, lolll.

Every now and then they'd give out pre-releases and 1st editions to the badgewinners, and unlimited energy cards of any type but the double-star and dark ones. Was pretty legit

but yeah, its not too in-depth from that. Draw card, play item(multiple items?) and one energy card, use attack or switch your guy on the bench. Then just follow the rules on the cards accounting for weakness/resistance/etc.

And there'd be 4-6 of your prize cards that you'd draw one a time when you fainted one of those guys tfo. Some of the older guys would play for each other's prize cards, but feck that
Last edited by Fat Lard at May 26, 2015,
Shit, shower, shave
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Shit, shower, shave

nice

Oh wow, bunch of amateurs!

Phone and keys go right (I clip my keys to one of those loops that your belt goes through because I freak the **** out if I can't immediately feel my keys when I reach down), wallet in back and the left pocket is for tissues and stuff

But yeah, everything I do more than once becomes a whole elaborate routine that I think way too much about without coming up with a solution that's necessarily logical.
I always use a tooth brush and paste when I brush my teeth. I always put on socks before shoes. I always lay down when I want to sleep. Probably my most bizarre habit however is I can never seem to shit before I've eaten, and when I do, I INSIST on wiping my ass even when I know it was a dry turd!

I'm far too disorderly, uncaring, or have far too few friends to develop/notice anything resembling a ritual or peculiar habit. But now I'm envious of the idea. Hmm.
Sometimes I spit for no particular reason.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm talking about walking down the street, indoors would just be nasty.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
Sometimes I spit for no particular reason.

This contradicts your previous post. So you HAVE tested it, you just haven't swallowed it.
Quote by slipknot5678
it makes me rage when people do that shit indoors.

why the **** would anyone spit indoors
Quote by So-Cal
why the **** would anyone spit indoors

You've never polished your knob? Or are you one of those outdoor wankers?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Oh wow, bunch of amateurs!

Phone and keys go right (I clip my keys to one of those loops that your belt goes through because I freak the **** out if I can't immediately feel my keys when I reach down), wallet in back and the left pocket is for tissues and stuff

But yeah, everything I do more than once becomes a whole elaborate routine that I think way too much about without coming up with a solution that's necessarily logical.

Tha hell puts their wallet in a back pocket, shit is so easy to lift from there
🙈 🙉 🙊
Must use a pen when doing a crossword puzzle, can't use any source to help me, and if I make an error with even one letter, I throw it out
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by entity0009

You have to do some serious groping to get my wallet out of my back pocket though.

And that's toooootally not the reason I keep my wallet in there
Quote by ultimate-slash
You have to do some serious groping to get my wallet out of my back pocket though.

And that's toooootally not the reason I keep my wallet in there

I prefer to keep my pack of tissues in my back pocket for a similar reason. If any would-be pickpocket spots the bulge and dips in assuming it's a wallet, they have to go home with the knowledge that they touches my butt for a pack of tissues.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Oh, that gives me an idea. I'm going to put a wallet in my back pocket that's empty except for a note with my phone number and the text 'Give me a call if you want more ; )'
Quote by ultimate-slash
Oh, that gives me an idea. I'm going to put a wallet in my back pocket that's empty except for a note with my phone number and the text 'Give me a call if you want more ; )'

Is that a wallet in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?
🙈 🙉 🙊
I have too many to list but most of them are about visual order and certain routines. My head about exploded yesterday because for some unexplained reason one of the two washers in my apartment complex now runs 6 minutes longer than the other one pre-rinse (opposed to 1 minute) and then 9 minutes longer for completion. I normally set my timer to specific times so that I can run down to put fabric softener in and then know when they are done so I can put the clothes in the dryer. I was all out of sorts and spent a lot of time running up and down my stairs.
Quote by chrismendiola
I've been told that when I walk with a woman, I'm always to the left of her.

if she's cute, yeah
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
if she's cute, yeah

nice

this is on my list btw

Pockets are left: phone, right: keys change, plus my knife clipped onto the pocket, back: wallet. miscellaneous other things will go in the right or left pocket depending on what it is.

In my kitchen there are two switches that both control one light, same for the hall light. If one switch is up and the other is down the light is on. If both switches are going the same way the light is off. I always make sure that when I turn the light off that they're down (because down means off with most switches) and not up, even though it means I sometimes have to walk to the other side to turn the light off. It mildly irritates me when it's backwards because nobody else in the house cares, but I'll never say anything because it's such a stupid thing to worry about it.

With most things I do I try to figure out the optimal order to do it to save time. I've figured out that it takes me around 45 seconds to walk from the microwave to the bathroom, piss, and walk back, so if I have to pee and want to microwave something and fix something to drink etc. I plan accordingly.

I try to keep my desktop as clean as possible and usually only have one vertical column of icons on the left - mostly folders with shortcuts to things I use a lot plus a few text documents that are basically notes to myself. It makes it easier when I'm actually working on something where I'm moving files around and have temporary files and such I do it on the desktop and then clean up when I'm done, plus it just feels nice to have a clean desktop. If only I could apply this logic to the real world (my room).

I know I've got tons more, but I can't think of any more right now.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at May 26, 2015,
Quote by entity0009

It's a good thing that I never carry cash. I live in Babylonian Suburbia, so on the off chance anyone even steals my wallet and I don't feel it, I hope that person enjoys my drivers licence which I can replace, my credit cards which I can cancel, the photographs I keep in there, and the receipts from the last week of purchases.
Free Ali
Page 1 of 2