Hey, I'm doing my ensemble gcse music performance soon.
This one is an ensemble, so it'll be me on electric guitar accompanied by someone (possibly another guitar?) it can include a backing track I think? Anyway, I need ideas for songs to perform. I need to play a main part on electric guitar and it shouldn't be too difficult (grade 3-4-5). I like blues and classic rock, I was thinking maybe 'While my guitar gently weeps' but not sure how id arrange that for two guitars or arrange any sort of accompniment. Thanks! need ideas fast!
Wrong place to ask, but for any guitar performance I always suggest Sultans of Swing. Incredibly dynamic song with exceptional phrasing that is very difficult to do justice, but very impressive if you pull it off
Nickelback - How You Remind Me

everybody loves Nickelback
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Whip It by Devo

or My Sharona

Mehbeh Turning Japanese
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I second both Nickelback and Erasure.

Maybe something like Samba Pa Ti by Santana? Seems easy enough to arrange for just two guitars and you've got some room for playing around with regards to difficulty, techniques etc.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
pref smth twinkly ofc

Suicide Is Painless
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Pyramid Song by Radiohead

Failing that, try any Katy Perry song. They're pretty easy to play, and are somewhat tasteful.
I read this as 'any good fedora songs to play'. I'm gonna just go ahead and pretend thats what you want, k?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgfjQIE9shk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlxH9-TYseY
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Find something and make it your own. Cross genres a bit.

I cum blood is a comical suggestion, but actually reworking some extreme metal might work.

How about "Where Dead Angels Lie" by Dissection? That'd be awesome on acoustic. Everyone would be all, "Ooh, what was that? It was so pretty!"

Then hit them with the title.

Blow their minds musically and then be all, "Yah, that was satanic as all ****!"
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I did 'Run to the Hills' by Iron Maiden as my GCSE ensemble piece and got 92% on the performance.

Then again, I played both the solos from the studio version perfectly and the other guitarist forced some solo he'd 'written' with his guitar teacher into the song and got something like 65% for his performance, cause he was rubbish.

Doesn't need to be anything particularly hard. Sweet Child O' Mine would do, if you can pull off the solo.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by digman50
I did 'Run to the Hills' by Iron Maiden as my GCSE ensemble piece and got 92% on the performance.

Then again, I played both the solos from the studio version perfectly and the other guitarist forced some solo he'd 'written' with his guitar teacher into the song and got something like 65% for his performance, cause he was rubbish.

Doesn't need to be anything particularly hard. Sweet Child O' Mine would do, if you can pull off the solo.

Or you know.. a good song
Quote by vayne92
Sultans of Swing

I second this.

But if not, maybe a duo rendition of Classical Gas?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by digman50

How did you do run to the hills? By that I mean, how did you make it an ensemble piece. Presumably you were lead guitar, but what else?
I hope he beatboxed the intro drums.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.