Quote by arv1971
Nice! Like it! But what does Djent mean/stand for..?

Its just a word used to describe the style of music. Its basically a type of groove metal..... that has this "djent" sound. Google it and you'll get a better understanding lol.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Quote by arv1971
Nice! Like it! But what does Djent mean/stand for..?

Thanks for taking the time to watch it, and I'm glad you like the video. As Fallenoath said, djent is a special modern prog/metal genre, with complex harmonies and rhythms. The song in the video isn't really a full-blown djent style, rather an ambient/djent crossover, with much less syncopated riffage than in "normal" djent.
A nice idea, and an inspiring concept. But I spy a flaw, that being the fact that if a beginner follows this video he might end up making a bunch of songs with identical dynamics and structures. So, even though this might sound a bit odd, maybe try making the instructions more vague and versatile? Just my two cents, overall the video is really nice, stellar production with both the audio and the video.
Cool shit! I like the synth stuff in the background especially, they sound really futuristic. And the soloing is of course really good, goes without saying.
Quote by Kevätuhri
A nice idea, and an inspiring concept. But I spy a flaw, that being the fact that if a beginner follows this video he might end up making a bunch of songs with identical dynamics and structures. So, even though this might sound a bit odd, maybe try making the instructions more vague and versatile? Just my two cents, overall the video is really nice, stellar production with both the audio and the video.

Thanks for the kind words and for the thoughtful suggestion as well! I appreciate it a lot. I can see your point that following the tips in the video, a beginner would create similar songs based on this structure I've given him/her. However, I think that for a beginner, copying a method is a fruitful method, because that way he/she learns and incorporates these ideas and then goes and absorbs a new idea/method from someone else. Thus, the guitarist will end up with a mixture of ideas, and gradually adds the own personality and touch to them. Classical composers were mostly taught this way.

Again, thanks for taking the time and offering your thoughts in a very open and positive manner, it was cool and I felt the helpful vibe in your sentences.
This looks like it took a shit ton of work to do. Good job. I think i like ambient djent now too. How do i make all of those ambient sounds in the background? It sounds like there are still other backgrund sound effects going on beyond what yourr playing
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by Watterboy
This looks like it took a shit ton of work to do. Good job. I think i like ambient djent now too. How do i make all of those ambient sounds in the background? It sounds like there are still other backgrund sound effects going on beyond what yourr playing

Thanks a lot!

Yes, there is a VST synth in the background, I used Alchemy for the synth layers. Alchemy has some very inspiring sounds, with lots of movement and evolving when you hold the note for a longer period.