Do you guys do anything to warm up?

Does it even help to "warm up"??

Sometimes i get on my guitar im excellent other times im all over the place...

Does a warm up help anything..

Tell me what you think!
yeah you need to warm up. how long depends on you. i just noodle a few licks etc depending on what i'm planning on playing that day. it's tough to just pick up a guitar and play up to par right off the bat. some days it all fall into place pretty quickly other days not so much. that's pretty common i think.
yeah my standard routine is starting off playing Gun's N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle, followed by Muse - Supermassive Black Hole and ending with Metallica - Battery. It's a great way to really loosen your hands and start recording. If you're into that kinda music of course.
^^ but tats not really warming up.. thats just playing.

Now if you want to bring in recording then yes... i guess play a few songs and record.
I typically start with Holy Wars and Take No Prisoners by Megadeth. That really gets me warmed up, after that I am able to play a lot cleaner and my fingers are more flexible. It's definitely something you need to do if you don't want to be stiff
Quote by mikerockcity

Now if you want to bring in recording then yes... i guess play a few songs and record.

I say it's warming up because I go through a lot of different techniques and am able to be prepared later
Quote by mikerockcity

yeah that is certainly one way to warm up. i play through certain songs to warm up as well. maybe not note for note but more of a loose version. the songs tend to be ones that i've been playing for years and can just go through with little to no thought.

after you've been playing for a number of years "practice" takes on a different form. i rarely sit and run scales and such anymore. i just noodle to various things and see what i can come up with. in a way that kinda is the goal. you want to play music with your guitar and not just do exercises.
Yeah I warm up I play better when I warm up about 5 to 10 mins
I spend about 15 minutes on the average running through scales and arpeggios, maybe a few licks. But I always start with this. It's nice because you don't need your instrument to do it. You will find it cuts down your warm up time also.

http://youtu.be/TSrfB7JIzxY