Poll Options
View poll results: is it desirable
Yes
15 31%
No
33 69%
Voters: 48.
Page 1 of 2
I'd want it for myself, but for everyone in the world **** no. The planet is already overpopulated. And generations dying and being replaced is necessary for social progress. Imagine if every segregation era white person was still alive today. We wouldn't have President Obama. Or if every Baby Boomer was still alive. Classic rock would be popular ****ing ew.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at May 27, 2015,
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'd want it for myself, but for everyone in the world **** no.

ErikLensherr confirmed for future supervillain.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
It's sexy. I can tell you that for certain.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
not immortality but id be down to live for a thousand years or so
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'd like it, just to see where humanity goes when normally I'd be gone. Would not enjoy everyone I care about dying around me though.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by ErikLensherr
Classic rock would be popular ****ing ew.

can't rek this argument
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
tbh whenever I see a thread and notice its an #erikthread my interest goes right out the window
Quote by whywefight
tbh whenever I see a thread and notice its an #erikthread my interest goes right out the window

I don't understand but I'm hurt.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by whywefight

why don't you follow it

from the 10th story
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
o btw just curious about why magneto wants to know about immortality this cant be good
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by whywefight

Wow, mean.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'd like it. Or at least I'd like to stop physically aging at 25-30, **** getting old.
Immortality is literally the worst thing I can think of. I would never get anything done because I'd just think, "Meh, I have the rest of forever to do that."
Immortality I'm not sure about. Living very long? Sure

I'm reading Heinlein's Time enough for love at the moment, and it's about some really old dude and about people rejuvenating and stuff. It sounds pretty cool.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Classic rock being popular would be a bad thing...? Come ooooon.

Anyways, yeah it would be cool to be immortal but either it would turn into an arena-pit free for all or there would be a severe limit on people having children.

Now that I think about it that actually sounds cool so I'm actually okay with it ha ha ha.
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Quote by RGallagherFan

Anyways, yeah it would be cool to be immortal but either it would turn into an arena-pit free for all or there would be a severe limit on people having children.

Why? If we were immortal, overpopulation wouldn't be an issue, because we could just live in the ocean, or underground, or in space on any planet we wanted. And the universe is infinitely expanding, so there would constantly be more room for us to occupy.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Why? If we were immortal, overpopulation wouldn't be an issue, because we could just live in the ocean, or underground, or in space on any planet we wanted. And the universe is infinitely expanding, so there would constantly be more room for us to occupy.

Ooohhh THAT kind of immortality. I was just thinking they meant aging wouldn't be a cause of death. Not the Superman kind.
TBH I'm not sure what the standard definition of immortality is. I guess we would have to ask OP to clarify.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't understand but I'm hurt.

that's what she said!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
It would get incredibly tedious.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I'd like to be young for a long time but it's a no for immortality.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
No on so many levels

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
TBH I'm not sure what the standard definition of immortality is. I guess we would have to ask OP to clarify.

I'm talking about immortality that's actually within the realm of possibility, when our cells are replaced by nanobots that can slow, halt or even reverse the aging process. We could still die from unnatural causes duh.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Depends.

Would I be exempt from any diseases or conditions that would leave me completely debilitated but technically still alive? Being alive but in a vegetative state or living in unending agony does not sound desirable at all. If so, maybe or definitely if the effects of aging don't affect me.
Last edited by NothingRocks at May 27, 2015,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
No on so many levels

How many exactly? Like 27 or something?

Quote by DukeDeRox
I'd like it. Or at least I'd like to stop physically aging at 25-30, **** getting old.

Telomerase research hopes to achieve this soon. You'd only die from being killed. Or disease.

Some scientists believe that the reason people age is because as we get older our cells divide slower, because we run out of telomeres on our DNA. Every time a cell divides, it loses a little bit more. Lose too much, and it cuts into your DNA. So it's rationed.

If we never lost our telomeres, our skin wouldn't sag and wrinkle, our muscles wouldn't waste away, etc.

Your wish may very well come true.
Quote by ultimate-slash
How many exactly? Like 27 or something?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Even the idea of surviving your own death is frightening. Imagine, like, the 40 millionth year in heaven. Think about that. You'd be so out of shit to do.
Quote by Rossenrot
Even the idea of surviving your own death is frightening. Imagine, like, the 40 millionth year in heaven. Think about that. You'd be so out of shit to do.

It'd be a lot more hellish if your memory was wiped clean in specified intervals of time, only to be left with remnants of your previous memory surrounding you. Little reminders and clues as to who you were and how you ended up in your current state, with no readily available myth to tie it all together for you. An eternal affair full of absurdities and amnesia. Yeesh...
That sounds like it would be an eternity of Alzheimer's or something. Do not want...

In a nutshell, that's what you're currently experiencing. Remove all the superficial distractions and you'll find that humanity is one persistent genomic sequence that continuously recreates this scenario. A person can rant and rave all they want about their own unique individuality, but at the end of the day, you're just an extension of the same undulating electrochemical mass (your species) reliving itself in an environment that its vestigial members left before it.

Folks are making a giant hubbub about eternal life... they don't realize this has been going on ever since the world began. They don't want eternal life, they want eternal "I".
immortality, no. same with afterlife would rather not.

age slowly and live for several hundred years, maybe. on one hand it'd be depressing but then I can be around for more shit.

if we're talking the type of immortality where nothing can ever kill you, I always wonder what the **** you do when the sun swallows the earth. or wtf do you do after the heat death of the universe? just chill in nothingness forever? assuming humans don't get advanced enough to prevent this.
Quote by Zaphikh
In a nutshell, that's what you're currently experiencing. Remove all the superficial distractions and you'll find that humanity is one persistent genomic sequence that continuously recreates this scenario. A person can rant and rave all they want about their own unique individuality, but at the end of the day, you're just an extension of the same undulating electrochemical mass (your species) reliving itself in an environment that its vestigial members left before it.

Folks are making a giant hubbub about eternal life... they don't realize this has been going on ever since the world began. They don't want eternal life, they want eternal "I".

We're just blobs of stuff that's made up of smaller stuff and that was once and will some day be different stuff

But anyway, the real question is not whether you want to be immortal, it's whether you want to be a jellyfish.

Page 1 of 2