So, our band just got a deal for a set of in ear monitors. The thing is, that we will only have one transmitter unit, so we will all have the same mix on our earphones. Is that even a good idea? I assume that the drummer doesnt need a drum in the mix. Anyway, i was thinking about a few different way we could use this:

We could pan one guitar completely to the left, and one on the other side, so that they dont clash in the mix. Pan the bass in the center, and put just the snare, kick and hihat somewere in there. That could work for all of us right?

The other thing i thought about, was just rounting a click track to all of us. We then wouldnt really need any amazing monitoring, since the click would keep us in time, not listening to the other guys. Does anyone have any experience with that? Usually i see only the drummer playing with a click in the background, never the entire band.

Any ideas?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Yeah man. In the case you have only one channel, put only vocals through it, with just a little but of guitar so that the singer can pitch off it. Of all the instruments in the band it is the only one that can really not work without foldback.

Drums in the in ear monitors will be fine for stadiums, but most gigs you can hear them fine without the foldback. Guitars have amps, if you have trouble hearing yours tilt or raise it so that the speaker is pointed at your head.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud