Hello guys,well,to begin with,I've been playing classic guitar for one year and half,but what I like is rock and metal,and you know that I cant play them on a classic guitar.That's why I decided to buy an electric guitar,I've already chosen an affinity HH squier with a SD TB-4 in the bridge,and a digitech RP360XP.but what I haven't decided is the amp.I want a modeling amp,even though I'll have an Multieffects pedal,because it would be easier to carry just my guitar and the amp.Noow the problem is the amp.I know you're experienced guys in this stuff,so I want you to help me.

-Fender Mustang I v2
-Vox vt20+
-Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
-Line 6 Spider IV 15w

so...that's it
stay away from the Line 6 Spider IV
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
FWIW I liked the Fender Super Champ XD when I tried it. There's like 15 slots, it can be reprogrammed on a computer.
Quote by frecebutmito
Hello guys,well,to begin with,I've been playing classic guitar for one year and half,but what I like is rock and metal,and you know that I cant play them on a classic guitar.That's why I decided to buy an electric guitar,I've already chosen an affinity HH squier with a SD TB-4 in the bridge,and a digitech RP360XP.but what I haven't decided is the amp.I want a modeling amp,even though I'll have an Multieffects pedal,because it would be easier to carry just my guitar and the amp.Noow the problem is the amp.I know you're experienced guys in this stuff,so I want you to help me.

-Fender Mustang I v2
-Vox vt20+
-Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
-Line 6 Spider IV 15w

so...that's it

I don't understand why you want a modeling amp if you're getting an RP360. For a little more coin you could get a used "GASP" Crate V18 1x12. Heck even a Crate V5 is in your price range would work, and with a speaker upgrade it turns into a little tone beast.

I know people hate on the Crate. But the V series was pretty good, and they can be found cheap as Crate amps don't hold resale value.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by frecebutmito

-Fender Mustang I v2
-Vox vt20+
-Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
-Line 6 Spider IV 15w

so...that's it
Out of those, the Vypyr. You might want to look into getting a used Vypyr Tube 60. I don't see much of a use for the Digitech unit, the amp should be able to do the work you'll need for rock and metal. Try getting a slightly better guitar as well, you'll be satisfied longer. c:
Last edited by Will Lane at May 27, 2015,
I have a Mustang I and a Vypyr VIP 2 and the RP360XP as well. I'd recommend the Vypry for rock/metal.
Quote by Arby911

Obviously this guy doesn't know how to get good tone out of a cheap amp. It's an acquired skill. It'd be useful to learn, I suggest trying it when you get done being a keyboard warrior.

Anyways, the Marshall Valvestate is a better amp than any of the ones you listed, kid. Anyone who disagrees can kindly suck my dick!
Last edited by 1201ZJ at May 27, 2015,
Quote by 1201ZJ
Obviously this guy doesn't know how to get good tone out of a cheap amp. It's an acquired skill. It'd be useful to learn, I suggest trying it when you get done being a keyboard warrior.

Anyways, the Marshall Valvestate is a better amp than any of the ones you listed, kid. Anyone who disagrees can kindly suck my dick!

The Valvestate is, at best, a one trick pony and it's not even a particularly good trick.

Saying that it's better than the ones listed is like saying that a crap sandwich is better with wheat bread than white.

If it meets with your approval, well and good, I'm sure a good audiologist could explain why (and perhaps offer prosthetics to cure the problem).

I however cannot.

Have a nice day.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Actually the Valvestate is not that bad. I have the VS8100 head and it is pretty good, actually covers pretty much all styles. A friend bought their combo version, same head +2x12 Celestions at the time I bought mine and actually his sounded better than mine as it was well matched to the speakers. The old Valvestate series is actually pretty good. On this one I'd stand with 1201ZJ.
Quote by Arby911
The Valvestate is, at best, a one trick pony and it's not even a particularly good trick.

Saying that it's better than the ones listed is like saying that a crap sandwich is better with wheat bread than white.

If it meets with your approval, well and good, I'm sure a good audiologist could explain why (and perhaps offer prosthetics to cure the problem).

I however cannot.

Have a nice day.

So when I looked at your profile, I noticed you own at least 10 amps and at least 10 guitars. You know, not everyone is a silver-spoon like you. I'm giving the guy an honest answer to his question, assuming his price range isn't very much. So get the **** out with your elitist douchebaggery if you aren't going to say anything productive.

Furthermore, what grounds do you have to state that the valvestate is a one trick pony? If anything it's far from it. Great clean tone, good effects, good reverb, and again, if you know how to get a good tone (how about this) out of ONE amp, which obviously you don't, the valvestate will work for you and will in fact cover more ground than you think.

Have a wonderful day and God bless!
Last edited by 1201ZJ at May 28, 2015,
Quote by 1201ZJ
So when I looked at your profile, I noticed you own at least 10 amps and at least 10 guitars. You know, not everyone is a silver-spoon like you. I'm giving the guy an honest answer to his question, assuming his price range isn't very much. So get the **** out with your elitist douchebaggery if you aren't going to say anything productive.

Furthermore, what grounds do you have to state that the valvestate is a one trick pony? If anything it's far from it. Great clean tone, good effects, good reverb, and again, if you know how to get a good tone (how about this) out of ONE amp, which obviously you don't, the valvestate will work for you and will in fact cover more ground than you think.

Posture all you want, the VS is only a decent amp by comparison to the crap in the OP.

Surely you don't expect me to feel bad about my personal gear addiction? I'm a veritable piker in comparison to some here.

Keep suggesting crap and I'll keep calling it like it is.

Love ya sweet cakes!! XOXO
Charles Darwin
Quote by 1201ZJ

Nope, it sucks

I'd take a spider over a VS anyday of the week
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Valvestates are complete crap.
I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth - far from it. See a Valvestate in my gear? You know why not? They're shit. I saved for what I wanted, nothing was handed to me. I had a VS8100 in my band room for a couple of years. It was a complete pile of crap. My first amp (Yamaha G100-212) was better and it hasn't been turned on for decades.
Don't cry poor to me. I'm poor and I gig with a Randall RM100.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by 1201ZJ

Oh my, kids these days. No respect for their elders.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Quote by diabolical
He said "kindly", that's respect

I can dial some pretty good tones on a valvestate amp.

I'm pretty sure the water flooded your ears brother...

More seriously, hope you and yours were safe.
Charles Darwin
I have a vox vt15 and it was the first decent amp I bought and I still play it all the time as my practice amp in my bedroom. It is a very versitle Lil modeling amp that wasnt crazy expensive. I also have a Mustang 3 I've had for a while and been trying to sell that I was nvr crazy about, it compares nothing to the tones I can get put of the vt. Just my opinion though wat do I know I'm just a newb
Quote by Arby911
I'm pretty sure the water flooded your ears brother...

Nah dude, they were flooded from before, especially after a few years of doing "Give me kick, snare, kick, snare...ok, now stop I new to adjust the mics...noooo, don't play those toms in my face"

Seriously though, there are some good amps in the VS line.

Quote by Arby911
More seriously, hope you and yours were safe.

Yeah, got caught at a mall parking lot, spent the night there and was several blocks from home. I think our city gov't needs to be strung up and whipped, they tax the sh*t out of us ( we have "rain tax" - when it rains on your yard you pay the city tax for the water) and 20 mins of heavy rain flooded all the freeway underpasses that got flooded last time and they supposedly fixed to prevent that
The small towns around us that got the same amount of rain but are not overbuilt had no issues whatsoever. Time to move somewhere uphill, I guess, or at least somewhere where I won't have the rain tax. Our mayor is utter human garbage.
Quote by 1201ZJ

hahaha this is beyond hilarious. i am sitting on 23 electrics and 15 or 16 tube amps. i didn't have a silver spoon. quit whining. valvestates aren't that great. maybe for the HM-2 tone they can pull off. but the certainly aren't versatile or have remotely decent built in effects.

come at me.

Arby is a great guy. he gives good advice. you just don't want to hear it.

come at me, again. do it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Arby911
Posture all you want, the VS is only a decent amp by comparison to the crap in the OP.

Surely you don't expect me to feel bad about my personal gear addiction? I'm a veritable piker in comparison to some here.

Keep suggesting crap and I'll keep calling it like it is.

Love ya sweet cakes!! XOXO

nothing wrong with a gear habit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/