Ever get a strange feeling or thought or maybe something happens at the same time as something else you enjoy? And then whenever you engage in or experience that activity (or whatever it is) again, you associate the 'strange thing' with it now?

So, for instance, the other day I was eating a Mars Bar and got the vague feeling I was eating ear wax. Now I just can't enjoy them the same way again, without thinking that this is what it would be like if ear wax was one of the ingredients. My life as I know it is over.
I can't read this thread anymore since I started associating it with poop

...I'm sorry. That was mean and so unlike me
Last edited by ultimate-slash at May 27, 2015,
You mean like smells?
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Idk, I tend to associate video games with whatever band I was listening to at the time. Like when I was playing Dishonored I was listening to Old Man Gloom on repeat and when I was playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse I was listening to To Pimp A Butterfly really often.

I never really associate things with bad things I guess.

Oh wait I guess I do automatically think of the barbs of barbed wire going into my eyes whenever I see barbed wire. It's not like facing fears works for me either since I grew up on what used to be a farm so there was barbed wire everywhere and I just had to suck it up to ever get passed it.
Last edited by whywefight at May 27, 2015,
That's ok, slash. I didn't want to mention it but now you said that I feel more free to, I associate your name with the friendzone.
I associate Angel by Shaggy with some Robot Wars game for the GBA because I played it while listening to it
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by mind_meld
That's ok, slash. I didn't want to mention it but now you said that I feel more free to, I associate your name with the friendzone.

I meant every word of what I said
Mars bars are crap your body doesn't need anyway. Stop eating them.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i associate this one Star ****ing Hipsters song with Bioshock. not too weird, though. the lyrics bring to mind the Splicers and stuff.

driving motorcycles in video games always forces the guitar intro to American Idiot into my head because i used to play Driver 3 while listening to it all the time.

and Nirvana is forever associated with this douchebag i used to be friends with, so i can't really listen to them anymore.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Mars bars are crap your body doesn't need anyway. Stop eating them.

Chocolate bars are essential for the soul tho
a mars bar? really? there's literally every single other chocolate bar that is better
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
also which mars bar are you talking about? American or UK?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I can't watch Attack of the Clones anymore without hearing Red Letter Media commentary in my head.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I associate the taste of Honey Jack with my first semester at GW lolol.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by mystical_1
I can't watch Attack of the Clones anymore without hearing Red Letter Media commentary in my head.

same
Orange juice reminds me of knowing that I'm gonna throw up/hangover the next morning because I didn't use any other mixers for like a year. I had it on an airplane recently and I almost spat it out because I've never puked on an airplane and I don't wanna ruin my streak with stupid oj

lime juice is almost ruined for me too for the same reason
cat
i associate like 60% of things with vomit.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by mystical_1
I can't watch Attack of the Clones

same
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect