Hey, how are ya?

So, I just wanna learn a few Joe Satriani or Paul Gilbert songs, I like them both but haven't listened to enough to figure this out myself, I just want a few of their easier songs to learn, they have such great melody and often chords I've never heard before, so any Joe or Paul fans that know of a few easier songs of theirs would be great

Cheers
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
Satriani - some "easier" songs, I'm using the term relatively here, would include Always with me Always with You, Surfing with the Alien, Satch Boogie, anything off of the Blues album ( Satriani,Satriani - red cover). "Summer song" is surprisingly accessible as well.
This is relative, but here are some of their easier songs. There will be some that are easier than these but these are ones I have learned myself:

Satriani:
Rubina and The Headless Horseman from Not Of This Earth
Always With Me, Always With You and Echo from Surfing With The Alien
Big Bad Moon and Day At The Beach from Flying In A Blue Dream
Cryin' from The Extremist
Love Thing and ZZ's Song from Crystal Planet
A Love Eternal and Crowd Chant from Super Colossal

The only song by Gilbert I can think of that is in the same difficuly region as the Satch songs I listed, if we are just talking about his solo work, is Vibrato. There is the odd song here and there that is pretty simplistic but I haven't actually sat down to learn them.
Sorry for posting here and it is completely off-topic. It hasn't been long since I discovered Joe Satriani and I like his music mainly for his smooth and melodic playing. But to be honest I suck at guitar so much that I'm very scared to even learn a single phrase from his tracks. 'Always With Me Always With You' and 'Love thing' are the two Satriani tracks I like the most. How come one realizes that as a guitar player he/she is ready to start learning Satriani tracks? Are they very technically challenging?
Quote by Luminance
Sorry for posting here and it is completely off-topic. It hasn't been long since I discovered Joe Satriani and I like his music mainly for his smooth and melodic playing. But to be honest I suck at guitar so much that I'm very scared to even learn a single phrase from his tracks. 'Always With Me Always With You' and 'Love thing' are the two Satriani tracks I like the most. How come one realizes that as a guitar player he/she is ready to start learning Satriani tracks? Are they very technically challenging?

Always With... was the first Satriani song that I learned. It's not too difficult, though there may be several legato licks in the song that will keep you busy for a few weeks.

Then the rest is about remembering all the important bits of the main melody and being able to improvise in case you forget what to play next.

What do you think is the hardest thing you can play now?
Quote by Luminance

Well yes most of the solos are challenging, but pretty much all of his tracks have fairly simple lead lines. They are great for learning phrasing even if you remove the solos entirely.
Technical Difficulties is a good Gilbert song to learn.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. This is my religion." -- Abraham Lincoln
When it comes to Satriani, a lot of his ballad tracks are very accessible. You have tracks such as "Always with me...", "Starry Night", "Cryin'", "Friends" and "If I Could Fly.

Don't really listen enough to Gilbert to give any real insight there, only thing i know of Gilbert guitar work outside of bands that i enjoy are Scarified and Technical Difficulties. Maybe check out his work in Mr. Big if you want to learn some of his easier stuff. I love his work on the first Mr. Big record, especially on tunes like "Addicted to that rush" or "Merciless".
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
^ Yeah I'm not that familiar with PG's solo stuff either (other than scarified and TD), but I was just going to say Mr Big is probably the place to look for the more accessible PG stuff.

And yeah the satriani ballads are generally the easier ones. the crush of love is another of the (relatively) easier ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know for Paul, I like Rock and anything off of his "Gilbert Hotel" album are simple songs. It's been awhile since I listened to some of albums, but I'm pretty sure there are one or two songs off Fuzz Universe that aren't overly complex. Also, check out his stuff with Mr. Big if you want to get into his style.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Premonition by Satriani is pretty cool. It's somewhere in the intermediate level and it sounds great.