Hello UG community! I've been lurking around for many many years but just decided to sign up so I can get some feedback. I am putting together a nice rig for myself and wanted to get some suggestions as to how I should place my effects. My rig is as follows:

Guitars: PRS SE Custom 24, Fat Strat, Martin Acoustic
Amp: Hughes and Kettner TM18 head and 1x10 cabinet
Effects: In the Fx loop of the amp I have: Amp out > MXR Analog Chorus > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss DD-7 > TC Hall of Fame Reverb

In front of the amp I have: Guitar > MXR 10 band EQ > TS808 > Wampler Pinnacle > Amp

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might re-order or move some pedals around to get a better tone? I'm a tone freak and always searching for different settings or configurations that will blow me away!
Stick the eq at the end of the chain. That way you eq the sound coming out the chain, also means it can be used as a boost. That's what I'd do.
Quote by paulnoise
Stick the eq at the end of the chain.

Pretty much this. You'll want to EQ the whole nine yards as opposed to just your guitar - that way, you can also use it as a boost or EQ out any hum that occurs as a result of the pedals (Not that I expect a lot of hum, but just in case).
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by gillmanjr
Hello UG community! I've been lurking around for many many years but just decided to sign up so I can get some feedback. I am putting together a nice rig for myself and wanted to get some suggestions as to how I should place my effects. My rig is as follows:

Guitars: PRS SE Custom 24, Fat Strat, Martin Acoustic
Amp: Hughes and Kettner TM18 head and 1x10 cabinet
Effects: In the Fx loop of the amp I have: Amp out > MXR Analog Chorus > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss DD-7 > TC Hall of Fame Reverb

In front of the amp I have: Guitar > MXR 10 band EQ > TS808 > Wampler Pinnacle > Amp

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might re-order or move some pedals around to get a better tone? I'm a tone freak and always searching for different settings or configurations that will blow me away!

I'm a tone freak too, and a lot of the time, I just rearrange pedals when I practice. Getting YOUR signature tone is just the processing of experimenting with pedals, guitars, and all that. The first things to try that I recommend are putting distortion before your compressor. And putting your EQ at the front of your chain.
-Jack Purcell, 16