Poll: Which is better all around?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is better all around?
Ibanez RG370DXZ
7 64%
Dean Vendetta XMT
0 0%
Jackson JS32 Dinky ( DKA-M )
4 36%
Voters: 11.
Im planning to buy a new guitar and im choosing between the 3. As you can see im pretty low on budget so i hope you guys could help me decide.
Not much info to go on.

But if you wanna know the best of the 3. I'd say the Ibanez RG, imo.
I'm normally a "Jackson guy", but I'm not a fan of the JS series. (Poor wood, pickups, build quality, etc.)

Just stay away from the Dean Vendetta. I've tried a few models and hated the feel and quality of them. I'd say the worst of the 3 and maybe the worst "cheap" guitar by a "Name company".
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Never get a cheapo guitar with a Floyd Rose. They're not made from good enough quality materials that are required for a Floyd to do its job properly. You get what you pay for with Floyds, and the cheap ones are just not worth the grief.

Out of those 3 guitars, I'd take the Ibanez solely because the Edge Zero II bridge is supposed to be half decent. But I still wouldn't buy one if I had a fixed bridge alternative.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Not much info to go on.

But if you wanna know the best of the 3. I'd say the Ibanez RG, imo.
I'm normally a "Jackson guy", but I'm not a fan of the JS series. (Poor wood, pickups, build quality, etc.)

Just stay away from the Dean Vendetta. I've tried a few models and hated the feel and quality of them. I'd say the worst of the 3 and maybe the worst "cheap" guitar by a "Name company".

I'll have to disagree with you on about the Jacksons. I have a JS32 King V and a friend of mine has a JS32 Dinky and they both have a good build quality and the wood isn't that poor (it's good for the price). Totally agree with you about the pickups though, but that can be changed.

Problem is, there's a bigger chance of getting a lemon since they are cheap guitars. I was lucky I didn't got a lemon, they are really a hit or miss.

As mentioned, be careful on getting a cheap guitar with a floyd rose and stay away from the Dean Vendetta.
go with ibanez they make awesome guitars, i hate jackson why the hell would they call their guitars "DINKY" seriously? dinky means small and insignificant, and they have DINKY guitars for over a grand..
because they're smaller than a regular strat body size
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
because they're smaller than a regular strat body size

This. It is 1/8 smaller than a Strat I believe.
Quote by DanyFS
I'll have to disagree with you on about the Jacksons. I have a JS32 King V and a friend of mine has a JS32 Dinky and they both have a good build quality and the wood isn't that poor (it's good for the price). Totally agree with you about the pickups though, but that can be changed.

Problem is, there's a bigger chance of getting a lemon since they are cheap guitars. I was lucky I didn't got a lemon, they are really a hit or miss.

As mentioned, be careful on getting a cheap guitar with a floyd rose and stay away from the Dean Vendetta.

Yeah, I had a JS32R Dinky. The trem wasn't too bad. The body (which I compared to my japanese DK2) was slightly heavier and the cavities looked poorly cut (mainly the electronics cavity).

So yeah, I could've gotten a lemon.

Plus, I'm a major "Jackson Fanboy" and assumed ANY Jackson was awesome.
I owned another JS model a few years ago (a regular JS32) and had the SAME problems.

Could be just my bad luck, tho.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at May 29, 2015,
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Yeah, I had a JS32R Dinky. The trem wasn't too bad. The body (which I compared to my japanese DK2) was slightly heavier and the cavities looked poorly cut (mainly the electronics cavity).

So yeah, I could've gotten a lemon.

Plus, I'm a major "Jackson Fanboy" and assumed ANY Jackson was awesome.
I owned another JS model a few years ago (a regular JS32) and had the SAME problems.

Could be just my bad luck, tho.

Ahahaha, yeah, it was probably bad luck. I'm a Jackson fanboy too

Those are normal problems from these cheap guitars that don't have (or at least don't have much) quality control. As long as you are lucky enough not to get a lemon, they are awesome guitars for the price (unless you want to go used, then there's better out there for the money).

The only problems with my JS32 was that it needed a very very good setup out of the box. The action was ridiculously low, the FR wasn't properly set up, the intonation was off and the pickups were too close to the strings, even with the action properly set up.

I don't know where TS is buying it, but I live in Europe and I buy my stuff from Thomman, so I'm not afraid of getting lemons because of the 30-day money back guarantee.
Last edited by DanyFS at May 30, 2015,