wormholes (not the user) (but if he wants to post cool) (it's up to him though)

in which I discuss wormholes

wormholes are a theoretical topological feature that essentially is a shortcut from point a, through the worm hole, to point b. In theory these points would be trillions of light years apart, yet a wormhole would be able to travel there much faster. Instead of trillions of years it could be only two minutes.

An interesting thing about wormholes is that, outside 2001 Space Odyssey, and Interstellar, we have no idea what it would look like. There is no physical evidence supporting the existence of a wormhole. However, there are several equations in the idea of relativity, that work and include the existence of wormholes. It should be noted that because of its theoretical nature, there are many hypotheses as to what their true nature is.

According to many leading physicists, it could be possible to stabilise a wormhole which, when accomplished, could become a two way super shortcut in space. This is probably a one quadrillionth of the information for a wormhole. There is so much more that we cannot understand for the lack of technology. Seeing as we have only just recently managed to get a probe outside our own solar system. That is an incredible feat, but is far from the point we'd need to get to, in order to understand. You could say that if the entirety of the universe, the 'space', the information, the secrets, if this were to be a mile long rope, we have barely crossed a picometre of the rope. This is where the next step of humanity's journal has to aim for. Going further along the rope.

So let's say we have a wormhole. we will call the openings A and B, and assume that, although you could use either side as an entry point, we will refer to A as our starting point. Let's say that A is set at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Essentially, once we disclose where the end point (other side) is, it will end up being a drain for a bathtub or sink. Let's say that the end point is at some point in the atmosphere above ground. To choose a number at random, the size of the wormhole opening and end point would be 15.4 sq mi in a vaguely amorphous shape that resembles a circle, but isn't perfect.

(hipnote: could the area, size, and shape be different on both ends? Could A be smaller than B or the opposite?)
(hiptnote2: I'm calling these hipnotes because they are not at the bottom of the text, therefore they are not footnotes. Seeing as this is a vague middle section of the post, we will refer to it as a hipnote)

As A is at the floor of the Mariana Trench, gravity would dictate that all water above its opening, would surge through it. Remember that B is above the ground. I suppose it really wouldn't matter were the wormhole to be 'sideways' or 'upside down', as at any rate the water coming through is eventually going to spill all over the ground, although it might be displaced into a geographic location slightly off from where the middle of the wormhole to be centred upon a field.

In order to speed this post up, I'll be leaping through important instances, without describing the minor portions in between. Not all the water will go through the wormhole. Some will rest in canyons and pitfalls at varying heights (or would it be depths). The total amount of water on the earth is around 1386 cubic miles.

(hipnote: this is over quadrillions of gallons of water)

Since not all the water would go through the wormhole, we will assume that 80% does. This gives us around 1000 cubic miles of water. This sheer amount of water would pour through A and come out of B. It would be a steady flood, seeing as the air 'above' A keeps the pressure balanced. Eventually the mass flood of water would cover many of the now drained locations, and, depending on which point of the earth B is aiming at. There could be more canyons, more arches, new land bridges, borders of countries changing, etc.

B is actually right above the city of Alexandria, in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

From my own experience, I can confirm that the amount of rainfall that occurred there today, far surpasses the amount of water flooding in through a wormhole.

In essence, it was absolutely pissing from the sky and everything got oversaturated with water.

I was soaking wet.

As I took the metro home, I realised that the rain was only centred around Alexandria. It wasn't raining in any other locations. It reached the point where everyone on the metro was perfectly dry, and I'm just standing there soaking wet dripping water all over the ground. They must've thought I went swimming.

And that was my adventure for today :y:
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
It rained.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I am currently watching Interstellar for the third time.

I don't have much to say about the topic, though, because space is for the nerdiest of big nerds.
Free Ali
When I worked for Greenpeace I spent a day working the Old Town in Alexandria, it was a pretty nice area. 🌝
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Star trek has wormholes and it was cool
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by ErikLensherr
When I worked for Greenpeace I spent a day working the Old Town in Alexandria, it was a pretty nice area. 🌝

isn't it though like bloody hell

terraced housing there is probably like at least two million or something crazy you know
it's all coming back

Isn't Wormholes still banned?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
i could unban him, no biggie

so biggie it's smalls
it's all coming back

Quote by Pastafarian96
I hope so
Sure he hated us all, at first. But then he loved us all! Then he loved our wall! Then I forget the next user title, if there was one.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by chrismendiola
I am currently watching Interstellar for the third time.

I don't have much to say about the topic, though, because space is for the nerdiest of big nerds.

I stay being #1
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Momentosis at #33424316
It rained.
it has been raining for the past few days here, really nice
"You think you have X weather in Y? Let me tell you about the weather here. We have real X."
Quote by Baby Joel
i could unban him, no biggie

so biggie it's smalls

nah
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Hipnote answer: pretty sure both ends of the wormhole would be the same size (since a hold in a piece of paper is the same shape and size one both sides), but I'm pretty sure the shape of the actual wormhole would vary.
But I no scientist, me college student.
As far as my limited understanding of Relativistic physics is concerned there is no "space" without "time," therefore any theoretical wormhole would present not only a means of traveling through space, but more accurately space-time, so from our perspective both. In essence a "space warp" and a time machine in one.

Though some theoretical scenarios for reverse time travel have been proposed my general assumption (yet to be undone) is that forward travel - Back to the Future II style - is possible, whereas BTTF I and III are logically and mathematically impossible. It's a good thing, too, because BTTF III was crap.

The Old West? WTF

Good luck dying a horrible death from a simple bacterial infection. Cut you finger? DEAD!!!

I'll stick with the present or future, thank you, and the ability to prevent horrible deaths from things a bit of penicillin will take care of.

But I digress. A lot.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Hipnotes? More like buttnotes. Amirite?
Quote by Pastafarian96
I have worms... in my vegetable patch

I had my worm in your mom's vegetable patch last night
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

But I digress. A lot.

it is impossible to digress in a Baby Joel ™®© thread
it's all coming back

Quote by Ablast
Hipnote answer: pretty sure both ends of the wormhole would be the same size (since a hold in a piece of paper is the same shape and size one both sides), but I'm pretty sure the shape of the actual wormhole would vary.
But I no scientist, me college student.

thi sis actually an interesting thing. with wormholes being so theoretical, we are still able to estimate complete unknowns about them. Like hoenestly it's crazy.

Started raining tonight but it wasn't as bad as yesterday. This was was more like if the Mississippi drained into a wormhole directly over the city in which I reside. some water, but nothing like the Alexandrian Flood
it's all coming back

i used to have this dope telescope, a 6 foot tube scope with an 8 inch diamater. thing was unreal. ive seen nebulae, jupiters spot, saturns rings, mars and her moons, up close into craters and mountains on the moon, etc

i loved that behemoth telescope but i sold it to pay for hockey. i became a true canadian on that woesome day.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at May 30, 2015,
Quote by Acϵ♠
i used to have this dope telescope, a 6 foot tube scope

I thought you were gonna spit some bars when I was reading this. I'm disappointed.
Free Ali
As I recall from the last time I read Hawking's A Brief History Of Time....He thought that an Einstein-Rosen Bridge (a wormhole) could exist and it might be possible to communicate to a previous time with same.

However.....He also speculated that it would take energy equivalent to the entire output of the Sun to maintain such a "bridge" large enough for a single molecule to travel through. So, not something likely anytime soon.

Still, it's a favorite device of science fiction and gets around some of the problems associated with relativistic travel.
One thing that most fictional time-travel scenarios conveniently ignore is that if you travel in time, you must needs travel in space as well.
Think about it. If I get in my time machine and go "back" an hour...I'll be floating in space, watching the Earth leaving me rather lonely. I must go not only back in time, but back to where the Earth "was" at the time I choose.
And further, with great precision....Lest I end up inside a mountain, or materialize 200 feet in the air.