My D'Addario NS drop tune capo came in today, and when I opened it up it came with an Ernie Ball sticker sticky taped to the capo Never had something like this happen before and was wondering if anyone here has any stories about weird packaging or things that came with their gear.
I buy straps from Well-Hung, a guitar strap guy in Saskawayupthere, Canada. He hand makes them, sells them on Reverb (dot com). https://reverb.com/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories

Opened the box and found the strap (which, by the way, was much better than I expected). In the box with it was...another wide, padded, really great strap! And two baggies with his Hugh Jass strap buttons and screws, washers, etc. And some candy. And some stickers. And a pick or two.

I'm planning another strap order, if only to see what else comes in the box next time.
Quote by darkwolf291
I got a $600 watch that the guy used as filler for the packaging with a guitar I bought once.

Hahaha wtf
i got 16 tubes that were roling around in an underpadded box from MF. i tested every one and they were fine. i took pics and talked to some high up guy, he overnighted me 16 more, all of which also tested fine. the tubes were JJ 12AX7's for $8 a pop, pricematched. so that makes $128, and 16 free tubes. so down to $4 a tube hell the **** yea
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
A couple of years ago I bought a Phillips 900 DCC (Digital Cassette Recorder) on EBay. I don't know if anyone out there ever had one (except me) but back in the early 90's there was two competing digital tape formats DAT and DCC. At the time you made a choice of formats the Sony format (DAT) or the Phillips format (DCC) I made the mistake of going with DCC. I had a Phillips DCC that I used in the 90's to do final mixes from my Fostex E16 reel-to-reel. Anyway, I decided a few years ago to see if I could find another one cheap. I found one from a seller on EBay in mint condition for about $100.00 which was pretty good as the original price on them was about $800.00. When the package arrived from the seller it weighed a lot it, seemed like 50 pounds. I was surprised because my deck wasn't that heavy. When I opened the box it wasn't the Phillips DCC deck it was an older Mcintosh tube stereo amplifier. It was old but looked mint. I know Mcintosh was considered top of the line in the 70's and 80's for monitor amplifiers and usually cost several thousand dollars. I immediately notified the seller about the mistake (I still wanted my DCC deck). He apologized and sent me the DCC which arrived about a week later and worked great. He didn't give me any instructions about returning the Mcintosh and since it weighed so much I wasn't about to spend my money returning it. He said he would make arrangements and get back to me. I sent him two additional emails over the next few weeks but never heard back. After holding onto the Mcintosh for more than three years I decided to get rid of it since I have active studio monitors and can't use it. I took it to a local audio repair place and traded it for a Sony reel-to-reel 1/2 track mastering deck that they had just refurbished (new belts and heads, oiled motors etc.). I know the Mcintosh was worth a lot more than the Sony deck but it didn't cost me anything. Great mistake.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at May 29, 2015,
I ordered some parts online for one of my guitars around Halloween, and it arrived with a ziploc bag full of Jolly Rancher candies

But now I wish it was a $600 watch
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
A friend of mine sent me his first two electric guitars in a box with Harry Potter blankets for packing material.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Not a guitar, but I ordered a gift for a friend from a particular store. He called me and told me it arrived wrapped in a Celtic-themed textile...alongside a packet of black tar heroin.

That store is no longer in business.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
This thread just made me realise i gotta mess with everone i ever ship an item to. Each time will be like, what is the most fd up thing i cant put in the box.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Ippon
What happened to the black tar Danny?

It is in an evidence locker. Or at least, it was.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by bluestratplayer
This thread just made me realise i gotta mess with everone i ever ship an item to. Each time will be like, what is the most fd up thing i cant put in the box.

i lol'd. seriously. we should start doing it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Not a guitar, but I ordered a gift for a friend from a particular store. He called me and told me it arrived wrapped in a Celtic-themed textile...alongside a packet of black tar heroin.

I once heard a story from a guitar tech who was given a bass, and when he opened up the electronics cavity there was a bag of weed.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i lol'd. seriously. we should start doing it.

Before you know it though ssomeone would get something really messed up like a dead fish.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Jimjambanx
I once heard a story from a guitar tech who was given a bass, and when he opened up the electronics cavity there was a bag of weed.

"That thing sounds terrible- what kind of pots are in that heap?"

*sniiifffffff* "Ummmm...Maui, I think."

"Wait, what?"

I ordered a half dozen picks, and the package arrived with a hooker, a pound of blow and a $600 watch!

They were really expensive picks.
Last edited by dspellman at May 30, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz

What the hell man??

TS, I wish my packagings came with 600$ watches too... I've never had weird stuff on the gear I ordered.

Quote by bluestratplayer

This would be too funny
Not guitar-related, but I opened a parcel at work from a company that supplies trailer parts and there was (along with what was meant to be in there) a bag of Haribo. I didn't tell anyone, kept them for myself and very much enjoyed them.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Maybe not a weird story, but when I ordered some Mesa Boogie branded power tubes, I got another free pair of power tubes in the same box. I wasn't going to argue, hahaha.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by bluestratplayer
Before you know it though ssomeone would get something really messed up like a dead fish.

I remember that. That was pretty funny.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
The snake was dead? Damn the postage service being so slow. Knew I should have thrown some mice in there with it but I was worried about the noise.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The snake was dead? Damn the postage service being so slow. Knew I should have thrown some mice in there with it but I was worried about the noise.

You're supposed to put holes in there so it can breathe
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one