Page 1 of 2
Well finally got it, Brand new on the box, one of the last in the world since peavey discontinued this tube version of vypyr. For my lucky here in brazil the oficial importar still have some of these beauties and ive got some for my store and for me! Really IN love with it!

It comes with sanpera 1 =))

What i can say is that this amp worth it alot!! Its very cheap if you think that each fx should be one pedal, so if u think about the plus it really worth it!

Sanpera is a must have, the expression pedal can be wah, volume and whammy but man, i had bad times to learn how to use it and i had to open it to trick the expression pedal and make its activation easier. Thats the negative point of sanpera for sure.

Its metal tones are incredible!!! I can easy go for a modern metal tone, that's my kind of sound and i was thinking alot about it when i bought this amp, and it does very very well, the valves does makes a great difference here, i cant compare it with a solid state amp, even a vypyr vip series cant beat this one, i tried them both and i realized that Vypyr tube amp is a must have...i could never achieve these levels of extreme metal tone without any issues and with this warm!!

Even those brit tones that i cant have here are really incredible!!

This amp was my dream for a long long time ago, now i realized it!

Last edited by jasonhelene at May 29, 2015,
That's ****ing rad.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Congrats.

(get some review info in there to stay within the rules)

What are your favorite channels or settings so far?

I plugged it into my 8 ohm Splawn cab and was pretty blown away but the speaker they provide in this Vypyr 60 is pretty decent on its own. Have fun. Never actually tried a Sanpera pedal.

Also, if you need help removing those ugly bat wings on the front I can help you do that
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats.

(get some review info in there to stay within the rules)

What are your favorite channels or settings so far?

I plugged it into my 8 ohm Splawn cab and was pretty blown away but the speaker they provide in this Vypyr 60 is pretty decent on its own. Have fun. Never actually tried a Sanpera pedal.

Also, if you need help removing those ugly bat wings on the front I can help you do that

Oh thanks alot but i want to keep its originals look -=DD

Man im really excited with this amp, i dont use more than master knob at 4 *-*!

Im the guy of the red channel, i love the red channel, my favorite amp sims are :

1)Diezel with XR
2) Rectifier with Tube Screamer and Reverb, scooped mids *-*
3)Krank with tube screamer is very similar to pantera tone and i love it

For clean sound im using Cat Amp green channel with reverb and Compressor + Chorus

The only pedals i use with the amp is a joyo noise gate, a tuner pedal and Sanpera 1...man You should try sanpera, i cant live without it haha...the whammy is so good...the wah makes me fly over the sound with my mind...I think it worth it !!

The only thing that i miss on this amp is a guitar tunner...i think its a feature that i miss.

And the bad thing is that we cant update the amp software via usb, only via MID cable..thats not good at all...hard and expensive cables these midi ones.

I play on seven strings guitar, Drop A so i always use the sanpera choose my presets and play without stop the music to select other patchs..specially those ones that i need to use some expression......its amazing!
Last edited by jasonhelene at May 29, 2015,
nice! best bang for the buck, thats for sure.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sweet! I didn't think there were still new ones around, did you buy it from a guy in a DeLorean? HNAD!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Sweet! I didn't think there were still new ones around, did you buy it from a guy in a DeLorean? HNAD!

HAHa..its an stock left from a great importer here in brazil The reason behind this is that peavey sent to them the last container with whats left on vypyr tube amps, so nowhere in the world have it anymore, only this brazillian importer....and since i have an E-commerce i just went out to find some peavey products for my store and found them..i became very surprise...there are still 30 from these.....im lucky guy and bought some for my store hah.. By the way i wish i could have an Delorean *-*
Nice

How much?
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Fryderyczek
Nice

How much?

Man for normal costumers it costs 1900 R$...Shipping included.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I wasn't joking
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i was laughting about the nickelback guy...yes it does have a built in tuner, its awesome!
very nice, i miss mine.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
HNAD!
Maybe it was too good so Peavey had to discontinue it.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
=))))) Yes i think the same...but i think they ll release tube modelede amps soon!
So, it's been a few days, how's the honeymoon?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
^ yes how is it.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Ahh the Vypyr Tube 60. Mine got some good tones, but the non-adjustable noise-gate made it almost unusable. On any of the high-gain amps you can't have the gain knob, say, at 12 o'clock without the overly active gate quickly sucking away your volume and sustain. The gain needs to be maxed out to even use it. Even then the gate gets annoying.
Man my impressions are:

I love the amp sims but i hate the digital fx...as i always used to...so i bought some pedals, i always loved to use pedals, with vypyr its not different!

The amp have a huge volume, but i missed some on the effects of the left pot.

Usually they have only two regulations and i think they shoud have 3!! specially the tube screamer and the xboost....they sound horrible...

The amp came with Ruby Tubes....i dont like much them so i ordered yesterday two NOS Russian 6n3c-E power tubes ..they are = Sovtek 5881 but i think it will sound a little warmer than sovtek would and less noise.

The ruby tubes are too noisy i didnt liked them, for the pre amp i ordered an 12ax7 from philips.

In general the amp is pretty good, i have to say that i LOVED the fender twd sim ...and the Wah and Whammy...i just use sampera for these two....they are awesome!!!

This amp is really a killer choice! The only problem i have are these stock tubes, i think once i install those new tubes ill change my perception from these onboard FX and these left pot fx.

im getting alot of RF interference with these tubes....thats so annoying....i live closer to a radio tower( Less than 600m,) ... and this sucks alot...and yes the problem are the tubes, checked out with an multi use amp that is very very cheaper in brazil...its called " Wattson popline 120"...and the noise is almost perfect...on the ruby tubes man...dam you blow your mind with the worst noise interference ever.

Also these ruby tubes blewed up two fuses......does This Vypyr 60T comes with Ruby tubes in north america??? i dont believe they put these cheap and bad tubes on amps ..peavey should avoid this brand...it sucks!

And yeah i loved the amp...anyway i just suggest you guys to put a NOS tube as soon as its not too expensive and may save your amp from bad interferences and bad sound!

Ill keep posting news thanks for asking!
Last edited by jasonhelene at Jul 6, 2015,
Can't wait to hear more feedback on what you think of the new tubes in there.

Rubys are not necessarily bad tubes but there is def better as you will find out. I think most of the amps shipped with Sovtek 6L6s. I took those out and put JJ's in.

Quote by Barricade_28
Ahh the Vypyr Tube 60. Mine got some good tones, but the non-adjustable noise-gate made it almost unusable. On any of the high-gain amps you can't have the gain knob, say, at 12 o'clock without the overly active gate quickly sucking away your volume and sustain. The gain needs to be maxed out to even use it. Even then the gate gets annoying.

I don't have that problem at all with the gate or the gain. You may need to update the firmware because the gate problem is well documented in the earlier versions. Just an idea.
Well if it had came with Sovtek i would be glad but in brazil all peaveys comes with the god dammit ruby tubes and they suck...i hate them!! Tube amps are expensive...it shouldnt come with the god dammit ruby tubes!

by the way these reflektor tubes are amazing!! I won alot of definition and lost noise and microphonics....so the tubes were a god dammit problem!!now they arent!!

but i think that this vypyr 60T is more sensitive to Ground hum than any other amps i had before and its a god dammit problem....i cant ground every play that ill be playing so i need an good suggestion to solve the problem!
HAHA just posted a new topic to see if anyone can help me with these problems... im sad. Cant stop the god dammit hum ..its unplayable and its power source =(((
Ruby tubes can be anything, they're just a rebranding outfit. They may even have been Sovteks which wouldn't surprise me at all seeing as how you didn't like them.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Update the firmware?

Move your guitar angle?

Turn the gain down?

I dont have these problems

Yeah ruby tubes sucks..

Man ill sell the vypyr and go for an Solid state amp that is noiseless...i cant take the tubes anymore....too noisy...any good options on noiseless amp for metal?...need at least 12' speakers and 60W or more. The main thing is that it needs to have a good transformer that blocks noise.
Have you tried a power conditioner yet?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by jasonhelene
Yeah ruby tubes sucks..

Man ill sell the vypyr and go for an Solid state amp that is noiseless...i cant take the tubes anymore....too noisy...any good options on noiseless amp for metal?...need at least 12' speakers and 60W or more. The main thing is that it needs to have a good transformer that blocks noise.

Dude.

The Vypyr 60 Tube is one of the quietest metal amps
I have ever played and I've played a lot of amps. I own a Vypyr 60.

You need to slow down and think through some things and quit knee jerking evrrything.
JJ make a very nice 6L6 for next time.
And stick a Phillips 5751 in the phase inverter.

You've tried it through V30's haven't you, 311? With stellar results IIRC?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 12, 2015,
im buiyng an bandit 112 xD No more tube amps in my house...hate that its not about slow down the gain its about power supply
Quote by jasonhelene
im buiyng an bandit 112 xD No more tube amps in my house...hate that its not about slow down the gain its about power supply

In that case good luck in your future tonally deficient endeavors...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
i am confused. jason, in the top post, you loved it

Even those brit tones that i cant have here are really incredible!!

This amp was my dream for a long long time ago, now i realized it!

then a problem happened? and you were buying NOS tubes in the middle?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Page 1 of 2