Might be a stupid topic but I'm curious.

Mine was either a 1963 Gibson SG, or a 1968 Les Paul with a golden top.

I played Slayer riffs on both of them.
I got a few minutes each on:

1) a Vigier Surfreter
2) a high-end Parker Fly
3) a Moog Paul Vo

Stupendous, each one, for different reasons.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Has to have been a Carvin and a Keisel. By "nicest". So many more brands I want to get my hands on.
Framus Panthera, ESP USA Horizon (god-tier guitar, by the way. That thing sounded HUGE.), Ibanez J Custom S/RG, PRS Dusty Waring, PRS Custom 24 30th Anniversary. One of those.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i have a guy i play with once in a while (he is older), he has a bunch of 50's and 60's teles/strats. he bought them way back, some of them new. (i just mentioned this in another thread), the mojo is there, but they didn't play any better than a modern guitar, partially becuase those paricular guitars were what he used to play with. some were on their third or fourth refret. so the mojo is there. otherwise i would take another fener AVRI.

i have to say the most impressive i played was a parker fly ($6k IIRC) it felt so nice, and it played divine. it was the fastest and smoothest guitar i have every touched. i loved it.

i haven't played too many high end guitars though. i am not as much of a guitar fiend as i am and amp fiend. and i am pretty satisfied with my guitars (not that they are nice as a lot of the other guitars listed), but i don't like paying much more than a grand for a guitar (and i always buy used).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
depends on how you want to define "nicest"

59 Les Paul

63 Les Paul (SG style)

55 Fender Stratocaster

any number of other vintage guitars

also of note and just as nce

81 BC Rich Mockingbird

late 70s Hamer Standard
My favorite are my jillard or a Partscaster with a wenge neck. Not the most expensive guitars I have played but they are the best feeling guitars I have ever played.
My 2012 Gibson LP Studio Faded.

Best guitar I played, despite comparing it to dozens of Standards & even some Customs when shopping.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Hard to say. After 54 years of playing I've tried out a whole lot of guitars...IN high school I Had a friend who brought over a Martin D28 and a Martin 12 string, played both a lot of times, trying out guitars in music stores and pawn shops I've played...

All sorts of Les Pauls and Strats, 335's, SG's, Firebirds, just about everything you can think of including a few Steinbergers. (those were pretty nice too.

I bought a Mosrite double neck in 1975, eventually lost it, one of the best necks I ever saw.

1960 Les Paul gold top, idiot who owned it had it tuned an octave low and threw a fit when I tried to tune it right, he insisted it would damage the guitar...he refused to sell me the thing. And he couldn't stumble his way through 3 songs after telling me I just had to come over and jam "we could ROCK..." yeah right...I've never paid attention to drunks at a bar since...

1964 Gibson 335, mid 70's 335, Yamaha SG 2000, if you ever see one of those, TRY IT OUT...great guitar...it's a double cutaway Les Paul with a great neck. And heavier than a Les...Washburn BT 2, Cort CL 1500...Ovation Breadwinner and Deacon, Gibson L6S, early 60's Melodymaker and Les Paul Jr...

My personal favorite right now is my early 90's Fender Squier Strat. Close second is my Peavey Patriot, made about 1984 I think, and the Cort CL 1500 is great.

I hate most Les Pauls, can't handle the fat necks. Wish I hadn't sold my Lotus Les Paul copy...

One I've never been able to try out and would like to is the Erlewine Lazer Johnny Winter played. Never have even seen one, and Johnny liked it even better than his Firebirds...he played slide on Firebirds, regular guitar on the Lazer.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
'57 LP and my PRS
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It was a homemade, bolt-on neck hollow body that had holes in it but my god did the guy who made it do the neck well, it was absolutely sublime.

Close second is my SG and then my Telecaster that my uncle made, which has had the honour of being played by the official Fender technician in Australia...

... and having a neck "better than a Fender custom shop model."

I have way too much pride in that guitar.
My Vigier Excalibur and Washburn US custom shop N5 are among the nicest I´ve ever played.

I checked out a 58 Les Paul junior 30 years ago but by the time I got my mom to agree to lend me the money for it someone else beat me to it. I still remember how much I loved that guitar.
Quote by oneblackened
Framus Panthera, ESP USA Horizon (god-tier guitar, by the way. That thing sounded HUGE.), Ibanez J Custom S/RG, PRS Dusty Waring, PRS Custom 24 30th Anniversary. One of those.

man my mouth waters whenever i look at that esp..
Quote by njvsvalhalla
man my mouth waters whenever i look at that esp..

To this day it's the best guitar I've ever played.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the orange strat.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The Music Man Majesty I got to noodle on briefly at gc in San Francisco.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
duesenberg starplayer TV is the nicest guitar i have ever played. love my strat deluxe but that duesenberg is insanely awesome.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I've heard they're killer.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Nicest.....depends on what you mean.....

Out of mine....
My 95' EMG'd Jag-Stang is my all time favorite #1 guitar.

Vintage....
I played a amazing 1963 Fender Jaguar, bone stock, could keep up with a Jackson or Charvel when it came to heavy metal, on stock single coils no less. It looked beat to heck. The "Shoppe" guitar tech took a double take because he could not believe I was getting a perfect "Master of Puppets" tone out of a Jaguar through a Triple Rectifier...he thought I was playing the Vee Behind Me.

Most Prestigious.....
PRS Custom 24, in transparent turquoise, the action was amongst the lowest (my Jag-Stang comes close), the tremolo was nice and smooth and stays in tune, not to mention the woods and color are drop-dead gorgeous. That $3000 price tag though.....

Nicest Inexpensive Guitar ($250 and below).....
My $200.00 Hondo Paul Dean II, and recently an Odyssey Paul Dean owner told me the Hondo is actually nicer than the hand-built Odyssey guitars were, odd.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)