What kind of store can I go to get / have them make custom stuff? I wanna get led versions of the black grippy type of volume knobs with a red dot (as a pointer) for my guitar and put led in the pickups to add more sinister redness and it would be cool onstage to have a glowing guitar. Or is it even possible?
Nicole- a French company- and (I think) Bell guitars both made guitars with LEDs, so that light emitted from the sides and/or from around the controls. Simply doing it with knobs might be a bit of a challenge, but is probably doable- but I don't know anyone who is doing so right now.

I'd start by talking to the techs & luthiers where you live, or the biggest city near to you.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thg make knobs with leds in them.

Instrumental pickups do alot of custom pickups and might do something with leds but they have a long waiting list.

Mayones do led neck inlays if you really want a crazy red glow.
This bloke might be able to set you up.
http://www.creepypewter.com/guitar/index.html

Ibanez RG 370 DXZL,
LTD M-100 FM (EMG Hz4- 4a),
Jackson DKY2,
Schecter Omen 7 series (7 string),
Epiphone LP,
DIY flying v guitar,
Chinese fake PRS guitar.

Marshall MG 100DFX,
Digitech df7,
Digitech RP355,
Line6 Amplifi tt.
Okay thanks guys I'm not looking to overdue the led just have a tiny light in the knobs and then some in the pickups.
Just for giggles, a vid with someone playing a Nicole Chessmaster:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P_z3niMDz8&sns=em

And a picture of another Nicole guitar with LEDs:
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 29, 2015,
It's possible... but it's tricky. Guitar cavities don't exactly have a ton of space.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.