I feel like a terrible person for mentioning the Spider twice on this forum, should have learnt from past experience lmao

Anyway to the point, my genres sorta dictate having a fender amp (black keys, arctic monkeys shit) but im unsure whether Fender can provide justifiable digital tones lmao

Anyway what ya lads reckon
Tanglewood 85 Les Paul <3
Vox V847 <3
Orange Pix Crush
Quote by Useful Utensils
I feel like a terrible person for mentioning the Spider twice on this forum, should have learnt from past experience lmao

Anyway to the point, my genres sorta dictate having a fender amp (black keys, arctic monkeys shit) but im unsure whether Fender can provide justifiable digital tones lmao

Anyway what ya lads reckon

you are a terrible person but we'll let it slide

the Mustang series does pretty good for clean tones. it's fender and that's what they excell at. the high gain tones on that series leave some to be desired.
Quote by monwobobbo
you are a terrible person but we'll let it slide

the Mustang series does pretty good for clean tones. it's fender and that's what they excell at. the high gain tones on that series leave some to be desired.

Yeah I'm probably going to hell for this lmao

I'm just really unsure if the Fender will be able to provide those lovely fender tones as well as that classic AC/DC esque crunch tone
Vox V847 <3
Orange Pix Crush
The Vox VT is good for a crunchy tone like that. It has some nice cleans too, although maybe not quite as nice as the Fender.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
+1 for the Valvetronix. I've heard somewhat mixed opinions of them, so bear that in mind, but the ones I've played have handled both ends of the spectrum really nicely for the price range.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
i have a friend who i am helping teach with the mustang. it is honestly very disappointing to me. i think i would go with the vox vt first . i don't have much comparison time between them.

have you thought about looking into a fender superchamp xd? they are pretty nice IMO and they are hybrid. a few more bucks, but they are worth it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The fender has some decent clean and low-gain tones, but I'm not sold on them

I say go to a music store if you can and try every amp in your price range
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at May 29, 2015,
Ye funny u guys said so much about the Vox VT, looking at one now. Seems to give some lovely crunch that I'd go for.

Anyone know if that 12AX7 does anything or is it just a gimmick aha
Vox V847 <3
Orange Pix Crush
Gimmick "Valve Reactor" or no, it's a digital modeller.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Useful Utensils
Ye funny u guys said so much about the Vox VT, looking at one now. Seems to give some lovely crunch that I'd go for.

Anyone know if that 12AX7 does anything or is it just a gimmick aha

It is soposed to simulate a pushed tube power section. It helps the sound a little, but it is nothing like having a tube power section.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Any reason you are mainly looking at modelling amps? Would your budget not swing for a second hand peavey classic or something?
I've had both the Vox VT and a Fender SuperChamp XD. Both are great amps. The Vox had a little more gain on tap though. Decent cleans (good for the price) on both.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I own the VT30 (before they went to the VT+ models). It's decent little bedroom amp with some good tones (a little harder to get stellar clean tones IMO) and decent amount of distortion control (Gain, Volume, Master Vol, and Power Control). I chose that size because modelling amps below that power level have ridiculously sized speakers (I don't go below 10 inches). The weakness is switching between settings if you don't have the rather expensive foot pedal. Which I don't it was almost 1/2 price of the amp!!!
I can't speak personally for the Mustang or Vypr or Spider but the 1st two often get some good reviews.
Another take on modelling is the Blackstar ID Series (Core & TVP). I have the ID:60 TVP and it does everything from super clean to uber distortion and the TVP tube settings drastically change to overall tone (and loudness) of the amp. The effects are good quality as well and the foot controller (not cheap) works to allow you access to all the programmable patches you can store as well as act as a simple effects controller. If you buy this amp you really need to spend the extra $80 to access all the amps features. There's some great free software online for this was well for recording, phrase training, and creation of patches from a PC instead of the front panel. They have a 15W model that may suit your needs. The nice thing about most modelling amps is they excel at sounding like a much bigger cranked tube amp at very low volumes.
If I were you, I'd do what I did and watch as many demos, reviews on line for as many Modelling amps as I could before going out to try. This may help you narrow it down a bit before hand by informing you of features or limitations you may not notice in the store.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at May 29, 2015,
Im not too keen on the Vox because they're a lot more expensive and have less wattage. I'm pretty set on the mustang ATM and I will have to go to some stores and test them out to be sure. Thanks guys
Vox V847 <3
Orange Pix Crush
Play through a Vox VT, Fender Mustang, and Fender Super Champ X2. Close your eyes, ignore all the meaningless nonsense like wattage ratings, knob count, speaker size, # of modeling patches, and simply trust your ears. They will lead you to the right amp for your music. It really is that simple. All that other marketing misdirection is just there to confuse you.

Your ears don't lie...

And yes, I can be found gigging with a little 15w Fender Super Champ from time to time instead of my $1K Mesa, vintage 1964 Super Reverb, Roland Cube, or Carvin combo. A nice sounding amp is just a nice sounding amp.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY