I got myself a few copies of Japanese tab and some of the symbols used in there are difficult to understand as their explanation is given in Japanese. Please take a look at the image below and let me know what do each of those mean.

Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/r9h89lcsz/
I feel like maybe cho is note and U is rest. Arm I think might be tremolo arm. Squiggly is vibrato. H, P, S, and M are probably standard hammer, pull, slide mute. That's what I would guess.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Assuming you're playing these tabs along with a song, you can probably deduce what they mean by listening to what's going on in the guitar part.

EDIT: I don't know where you're from, but here in Fat America we use the term "whole step" and "half step" to refer to changes in pitch, and "whole note", "half note", "quarter note", etc. to refer to note durations. In Glorious Nippon and pretty much the rest of the world, they use terms like "whole tone" and "semitone" for pitch changes and "quaver", "semiquaver", etc. for note durations. So basically keep in mind that the terminology you know might not be what they're using, and this will only compound the difficulty of your problem.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at May 29, 2015,
チョキング or choking is bending

qc or quarter choking is bending up quarter step, ダブルチョキング(WC) i'm GUESSING is bending two strings at once, "cho" is "harmonized choking" but i'm not sure what that is, and they also say that cho, HC and 1HC are "double bend"

D is "choke down" no idea, might be a prebend? text is too small and i'm not sure i would understand it even if it was legible

アップ (U) i think the text says it's when you bend and then repick and bring the note down

H and P are just hammer on or pull off

M is mute, S is slide, G is glissando, ~~ is vibrato, ARM is whammy
Last edited by rky at May 29, 2015,
If Cho is bend, then bending up and down might refer to which direction you are physically bending the string as opposed to what you are doing in terms of pitch.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
If Cho is bend, then bending up and down might refer to which direction you are physically bending the string as opposed to what you are doing in terms of pitch.

for choke down (D) it says that after you get the sound from bending, you do something (?) to the sound again. for up (U HU 1HU 2U) it says something about after a bend, pick again and bend again? i can't really read the kanji as they're too small and my japanese is horrific anyways
ah so U is just repicking a prebent string, CD for bending down from a prebent string. idk everything on there is pretty self explanatory with the examples on the right and the sound samples. the only nonobvious one is the red arrow at the very end which is right hand, or tapping
Last edited by rky at May 29, 2015,
Quote by rky
ah so U is just repicking a prebent string, CD for bending down from a prebent string. idk everything on there is pretty self explanatory with the examples on the right and the sound samples. the only nonobvious one is the red arrow at the very end which is right hand, or tapping

Thanks a lot