Ok so I'm new to tube amps. Got a Blackstar HT-5R. I've had it for 4 months, used it maybe 6 times for maybe 45 minutes each time. The last time, it lost power and sounded muffled and scratchy. I've tried researching around and of course everything says check the tubes.

The tube lower down towards the input Jack, I assume is pre-amp, has a warm looking glow, like a light bulb.

The tube in the center has 1 little spot that barely gets orangey. I assume that's my power tube and my problem.

I called all over my area and nobody touches amplifiers. So I'm on my own. One person I called did suggest pulling the tube out and putting it back. Maybe loose from shipping. Does this sound likely?

If not then what?
I would try pulling it and reinstalling, that's more than likely your issue. If that's not it, you've only had it 4 months, it should still be under warranty.
Quote by Clbryant1981
I would try pulling it and reinstalling, that's more than likely your issue. If that's not it, you've only had it 4 months, it should still be under warranty.
Try that. Make sure they are seated all the way in, and your pins are matched up. If that doesn't work, order a new set of tubes (ECC83 and 12BH7) and swap them out. If anything, the power tube has just gave out.
Quote by Clbryant1981

You'd think warranty... But I called Zzounds (retailer) and got told 45 days is there limit. They gave me the number to Blackstar who said they warranty tubes for 90 days, everything else is 3 years.

I'm pretty nervous to even open her up. Completely lost with the idea of adjusting the bias.
it's certainly possible the tubes could be loose.

just watch you don't void your warranty, if it's new. i'd contact the store you bought it from first to check pulling and reinstalling the tubes won't void your warranty- it probably won't, but you want to be sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?