Hi!
So I own a Godin's Exit-22 and somebody accepted to trade it against a guitar of his own: a Fernandes Vertigo.
The guy doesn't seem to know things like when it was made, how much it's worth or what it should sound like.
So I went online to do a bit of research on it and found out that two different models of this guitar were made.
The basic regular Fernandes Vertigo X one, that sells for around 500$ on the internet and the Deluxe one, which sells for a lot more, around 2000$.
I love it's style and from the few reviews that I've read on the internet, it's seems to be a pretty good sounding guitar. ( I'm looking for a Strat-like kind of sound here)
Since I didn't even know that this brand and these guitars existed, I'd like to have your help here!
Does anybody knows what's this guitar all about? Has someone ever tried it before and could maybe tell me what were his thoughts on it? Do you guys know/think that this could be a good trade for me?
Thank you very very much and have a great night!
Cheers
Man, you want a strat sound, and you're trading an HSS guitar for an HH? I wouldn't do that, when you can get an actual fender strat for your guitar.
Also, fret access looks bad on the fernandes.

I've nover played either guitars, but that's what I would say.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Fernandes makes great guitars, and I own a pair of Ravelles. That would be a good one to get in general. Though probably at no more than $1100 new or $700 used unless its a MiJ model.

but...

The Vertigo is NOT going to get you any closer to a Strat sound. In fact, that's going in the wrong direction, completely. The Exit 22 will sound more like a Strat than the Vertigo will. The stratiest thing in Fernandes' lineup would be the Retrorocket Deluxe DG- currently on clearance (in limited quantities) in their online shop:

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/retrorocket/75-retrorocket-deluxe-dg.html

Sent from my iPad
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yeah I think I forgot to say that the owner switched the pickups for two GFS Retrotron.
I went on the Internet and judging by their look I think I kinda figured which model they are and I read that they were a lot more strat-sounding than the usual H
That DOES make a difference. That paricular Vertigo may indeed sound strattier than your Godin.

Still, that kind of pickups- while twangier than a typical HB- will still have a different sound than the typical singlecoil. I like it, and it can be used as a reasonable substitute, but it still isn't the same.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!