Hey guys,
I've got a Gibson SG Classic that is currently set up with Regular Slinkys (10-13-17-26-36-46). I have a pack of Ernie Ball Power Slinkys (11-14-18p-28-28-48) and was wondering if I'd be able to put those on there. Besides playing with a saddle a bit to fix the intonation, would I need to do anything else such as fiddle with the truss rod? Or will that be enough?

Thanks
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
You should be fine with just the trussrod adjustment and doing the intonation. It's not a massive string gauge jump either so I can imagine it'll go smoothly.
Good to hear.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
a little trussrod tweak most likely to set the correct relief. a little intonation tweak. and a little bridge height tweak. easy stuff.

if your strings ping in the nut when tuning you'l have to deal with that as well. that's easy too.
Quote by OP
Ernie Ball Power Slinkys (11-14-18p-28-28-48)
In case anyone's wondering, that's a typo on the A string (38). I agree, possible truss rod tightening and intonation check. Run your eye over the nut slot width/depth too. Should be fine tho.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Hi! I have a Cort MR-E acoustic guitar.... the guitar was already set up when I got it with custom light strings, Daddario ez910, which are 011-015-w024-w032-w042-w052. I kinda want to try out martin's sp lifespan LIGHT, which are 012 - 016 - 025 - 032 - 042 - 054.

My question is, is it alright to change them and not worry about setting up my guitar? will it have a drastic effect on my guitar? you know on the neck, action, intonation, and all?

My guitar do have a truss rod, but I don't have much knowledge on using that.
Most_Triumphant - You'll probably have no trouble, in many cases you won't even have to reset intonation. I'd check both relief and intonation, but chances are it will only require minor adjustments if any at all.

rnestrella_ - It's best to start your own thread, and in the Acoustic guitar section...but no, it probably won't cause any problems. I've changed back and forth from .010 gauge to .013 on my Takamine, never touched it. There is no intonation adjustment with acoustics, the bridge is not moveable. Truss rod probably won't need any attention either. Going to the heavier strings will probably result in slightly more neck relief, I've never seen it cause enough to worry about.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...