http://imgur.com/gallery/NcvJE

Images there.
I learned how to do it on ashbass' website.
The switch is a mode control. I didn't have 4 buttons so I got creative with the switch instead. The tall buttons are patch-changers and the small button can start and stop the rhythm track as well as tap to set the tempo.

Now I can walk all around the room. Yes.
My old Zoom 9002 (think that's right) was designed to ride on the guitar strap. There was a little remote dealie that attached to the guitar itself (velcro) that gave you great control over it.

FWIW, the Line 6 FBV Shortboard (and other) foot pedals for the Pod series attach to the Pod (in the backline) with an ethernet cable. For that matter, you can run the Variax guitars to the Pod HD500 and the HD Pro with an ethernet cable (no standard guitar cable required), and switch guitar models, alternate tunings, amp, cab, FX, etc., all in a single stomp.

But wait, there's more! You can also configure it to send MIDI signals to, say, my Korg keyboard or to the lighting system (assuming it's computer/MIDI controlled). Or to my MIDI_controlled Keurig (limited edition model that comes with Marker's Mark K-Cups in the rotary selector and an Irish Coffee setting to activate the Bushmills dispenser.

What *I* want is for all that to run wireless.
Last edited by dspellman at May 30, 2015,
I was thinking about the wireless problem. I think I know some small part of what I would need to do to figure that out. It depends on how ambitious I want to get. There's most likely a few radio shack projects that could've helped, but radio shacks are all just about done in my area.
Quote by paul.housley.7
I was thinking about the wireless problem. I think I know some small part of what I would need to do to figure that out. It depends on how ambitious I want to get.

I've been fairly *sitting* on Line 6 out in Calabasas trying to get them to get a wireless done for the Variax <-> Pod connection. You can run your Variax (change models, tunings) from the Pod HD 500X or Pro via what amounts to an ethernet cable. One stomp and you change that plus the settings inside the Pod itself *and* you can send MIDI to whatever else is out there. But you're tethered to the ethernet cable.

Apparently it requires a number of channels, send and receive, to get the job done. Last time I was out there, they did the smirk and raised eyebrow thing (meaning "we know something you don't know ...yet"), but I didn't see anything in their bedroom-size Faraday cage yet.