Hey guys!

I have an old electric guitar that I absolutely do not use. It's a strat copy.

I want to try using the bridge/mid (or both) pickups on an acoustic that has no pickup system on it. It seems like a cheaper alternative to buying a new budget pickup which i was planning for that guitar.

How do I go about doing this?

Is feedback going to be a problem?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
a piezo system off of ebay is 10-20$ USD from China I would suggest , it will be a bit of routing but i dont see why not. It's an active preamp I'm thinking of with bass, mids , presence and treble control. It has a 9v battery in it you can replace externally.

the cheapest way you'd go about doing this is going to require some soldering though, you'd be using a transducer (looks like a gold coin) and you can solder the two leads to hot and ground on a volume pot perhaps. The transducer piezo crystal pickups are not even 1$ and radio shack sells them. I saw a video of some kid put them on a strat copy and it does everything good but distortion. With transducers it's like micing an amplifier in the studio the placements very important. Here's the video. You can even put this piezo right under an electric guitars strings without taking anything off just to test it. I put gator clips onto a mono input jack and plugged it into an amp. This works for acoustics as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8N3C6tfdq4

however.. using strat single coils that is a good question, I guess it depends on where you put them. If you wire both single coils as one and put one in reverse polarity of both soldering both grounds and hot leads to a volume pot and control everything from the amp like bass , mids and so forth is always an idea. The pickups would be in parallel with each other and you wouldn't get any annoying hum is why I say do this but with a switch why not to get some extra sounds.

but here's the good thing about pickups. You'd even pick up on vibration if you even used a concrete block. Here's an example.. I just realized both have red shirts on.
https://youtu.be/hFyQXy74xz4
Last edited by Tallwood13 at May 30, 2015,
I use strat pickups in acoustics, but the way I do it is a lot of work and needs some tools:

The alnico slugs have been moved to give a balanced output with phos bronze strings, and plastic caps put in the resulting holes for cosmetic reasons.

All acoustics are feedback-prone if you turn them up loud, I don't think that magnetics would be any worse than piezos.
Quote by Tony Done
I use strat pickups in acoustics, but the way I do it is a lot of work and needs some tools:

The alnico slugs have been moved to give a balanced output with phos bronze strings, and plastic caps put in the resulting holes for cosmetic reasons.

All acoustics are feedback-prone if you turn them up loud, I don't think that magnetics would be any worse than piezos.

Could you outline the process you used? If I don't have the toold myself I can try doing them with someone who does.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core