Hello people,
I have a question about buying new pickups, i have a pair of 'high output alnico humbuckers'.
But i want to change them with some pickups that are better for fast legato licks and that kind of foolery.
I thought about getting the 'evolution' pickup by DiMarzio to put in the neck position.
And the Jason Becker 'Perpetual burn humbucker' in the bridge position.
Is this possible? Will it sound good?
The sounds and tones of both pickups vary a lot, so i wondered if this would be a good idea, or is should just get a pair of one of the two and go with that.
I have never changed any pickups in any of my guitars, so if you'd like to explain some extra stuff, i'd be really happy.
Thanks in advance.
i haven't tied the perpetual burn but the evo is a pretty good neck pickup for shred
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's great to hear.
but i'm wondering if these pickups combined will produce an unbalanced sound, because of the great differences between the two.
I want my neck pickup to be great for legato and stuff, but i also like those tasty pinch harmonics
I don't see why they wouldn't work together.
Unless you tried them and didn't like the sound when both pups are engaged.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab