My double locking tremolo guitar recently went through a rough handling and I found that the Bar above the nut locking, The STRING RETAINER is broken on one side. How does that bar affect the guitar and where can I find a replacement for that? Because I cannot seem to find a replacement for a string retainer in any guitar shop around here.

Last edited by sam.mortar at Jun 1, 2015,
All the retainer bar does is to help stop the strings from going so sharp when you lock the nut down, by depressing the strings before they enter the locking nut. The guitar's perfectly fine without it.

Just about anywhere online that sells replacement Floyd parts will sell them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 1, 2015,
Thanks a lot for the reply. But doesn't it affect the tuning after the nut lockdown? Without the retainer bar, if the strings go sharp?
Think about it.

If for whatever reason the tension of the strings between the locking nut and the tuners change, and the locking nut is designed to specifically prevent the strings from sliding back and forth in the nut, thus preventing them from going out of tune, then does the guitar go out of tune?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 1, 2015,
Not entirely. It means that you have less retuning to do with the fine tuners when you clamp it down. But you certainly can do without it, no problem.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one