I'm relatively new to diy home recording in general and have been experimenting and learning about mixing and using vst plugins. I've been using ezmix 2 with several expansions including the metal guitar gods pack, and have gotten some decent tones, but nothing that I'd be 100% satisfied with "releasing." I've heard good things about bias and jamup, and was very impressed by some YouTube demos. I decided to download the demo version and am kinda leaning more toward bias desktop because to me it sounds way more authentic and less thin. I do like how it is more customizable than ezmix 2, but keep it mind I also love simple and have no problem using already dialed in tones, at least for the purpose of having a good starting point to work from and tweak a little.

I just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions on these. Has anyone had much experience with either? Both? Should I jump ship to bias as my main tone source?
Try the search feature, someone on here recently was asking the exact same question...or maybe it was you?
Overall I'd say stick to the more popular stuff like Amplitube, or Revalver for metal...but whatever rocks your boat.
Personally on a final production I dump all (or almost all) modelers and reamp into the real thing: tube amp with a mic pushing some real air. Can't beat that.
Revalver is great- I really like the amp models. Although the effects loop section layout in Revalver im not a big fan of. I usually just use the delays / reverbs ect in reaper.

Most vsts that Ive heard are really convincing and hard to discern from the real thing in the mix context. If your sound is thin, just verify that you are properly layering guitars and you have bass guitar supporting your rhythm guitars
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Thanks man. You are absolutely right - the context of the overall mix is key. As far as layering - I dual track guitars hard pan L/R. I noticed in Revalver there are some presets that have a stereo effect quality to them. Do you find any of those useful in terms of making things sound more full and beefy?
Quote by holdthephone
Thanks man. You are absolutely right - the context of the overall mix is key. As far as layering - I dual track guitars hard pan L/R. I noticed in Revalver there are some presets that have a stereo effect quality to them. Do you find any of those useful in terms of making things sound more full and beefy?

Usually not unless you're playing only one guitar on teh mix.
Quote by diabolical
Usually not unless you're playing only one guitar on teh mix.

This. Record it twice manually. Itll sound better (assuming the playing is tight enough)
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69