10. Mr Tumnus - Gerald the Engraviour
11. Stephen Afflitto - Simple Things
12. Elephants Over Oceans - Freeze Frame
13. Harrison Bellamy (mind_meld) - Mallee
14. Space Cowboys - Dusty Roads
15. CaptainO - Encounters With Anyone
16. ehbacon ft. SGstriker - APileofDeadCocks

Download the album for free or stream it here:
https://ugacoustic.bandcamp.com/album/ultimate-guitar-community-acoustic-songs-2

We've been hard at work on this for the past few months, and now it's finally done! A big thanks to all the contributors and to Lord-O-Donuts for the rad album artwork. If you missed participating in this, we'll probably start this up again early next year, so keep an eye out for that.

Anyway, hope you fellas enjoy the album.

Wondering which UGers contributed to this? Here's a handy list of the UGers who contributed to the album and the artist names they go by:

TRACK #: ARTIST NAME --> UG USERNAME
1: TV-Casualty --> TV-Casualty
2: StewieSwan --> StewieSwan
3: Saints of Nowhere (Cameron Johnson) --> SaintsofNowhere
4: Dreadnought -->Dreadnought
5: Reverie --> Jon777
6: chev311e --> chev311e
7: Gabriel Graves --> SirZep
8: Chasing Echoes --> Harlot Hero
9: SGstriker --> SGstriker
10: Mr. Tumnus -> korinaflyingv
11: Stephen Afflitto --> Grey Dynasty
12: Elephants Over Oceans -> BreatheOver
13: Harrison Bellamy (mind_meld) -> mind_meld
14: Space Cowboys --> CaptainCadmium
15: CaptainO --> ultimate-slash
16: ehbacon ft. SGstriker --> ehbacon and SGstriker

Last edited by Jon777 at Jun 2, 2015,
Sticky please, mods?

Official Track By Track Review via me:

1. ****ing awesome start to this album. Great vocals and production. I like the feeling the song puts out. And the lyrics made me lol in the middle.

2. Reminds me of something Frusciante would do on one of his post drug/pre-electro solo projects. Another solid track. I love the chord progression. Mandolin (?) solos were A+. What's the instrument at 3:30? I like it. Excellent vocal range, btw.

3. Love the chords. Good change of pace in the layout of the album. Very nice track.

4. Very pretty. I wish I could wrote something like this!

5. The emotions this speaks speak to me lol. I feel like I know what it's about in spite of the lack of lyrics. I can hear all sorts of vocal melodies in my head. Very nice!

6. This reminds me of The Smashing Pumpkins for some reason. Except I like your voice more than Corgan's. I like the juxtaposition between the verses and chorus.

7. This is different. But I love it. What is the percussion used in this? It sounds almost electronic. This track is one of the standouts to me so far.

8. What a great voice!!! Very seasoned and professional sounding. My track has to follow this?!?! I'm ****ed another standout track IMO.

9. -not rating my own track-

10. Dat droptuning. What is it? Also, the slide effects are cool. My dog was very interested in them too

11. Ooh. Piano. Welcome addition to the album. And the cello (?) is haunting. This sounds like a movie score or a ballet piece. Love it. And the full string section is wonderful. I like this one a lot too

12. I like the guitar part and tone in this. It's a bit depressing, but looking out my window, the depressive mood kinda fits.

13. Reminds me of something off of Zeppelin III, which is a good thing IMO. Kickass riff at 1:40ish. Could easily be an electric song. I like it.

14. Trippy. Like walking down dusty roads on an acid trip. Not sure if that's what you're going for, but that's what I got.

15. Nice voice. One of the better ones on the album imo. Very professional sounding production too.

16. Good job bacon!

I feel like this is a stronger album than #1. I also feel like I totally didn't step up to the plate. I'm determined for album 3 now
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by SGstriker

2. Reminds me of something Frusciante would do on one of his post drug/pre-electro solo projects. Another solid track. I love the chord progression. Mandolin (?) solos were A+. What's the instrument at 3:30? I like it. Excellent vocal range, btw.

Thanks, man! The mandolin instrument is a xiaoruan and the instrument at 3:30 is a dizi.

Listening through the album now. Will post some thoughts when I finish.

Edit: All really solid efforts, lads. My favorite tracks are dusty roads and simple things.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 1, 2015,
Some very solid tracks on here.

I'm particularly fond of War Story, Gerald the Engraviour, Smile, Simple Things, I Will Follow You. There's something I like about all of the tracks, though. Really obviously eclectic influences here.

They're all great efforts though. I honestly had lower expectations for this whole thing haha, very happily surprised.

Good job everyone!
My God, it's full of stars!
Hey, I like Jon777. Probably because it's the LoK avatar, but it might be because I've seen him around, so I'll listen to it. Solely because Jon777 was the OP.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
1. TV-Casualty - Water World - lel, hard to take seriously, but still gud.
2. StewieSwan - A War Story - trying to hard
3. Saints of Nowhere (Cameron Johnson) - Let It Go - IDK, just not too good
4. Dreadnought - Autumn Eyes- MOD = AWESOMEPOST (Sorry, No objectivity = No Opinion) All I can say is work on recording because du-du-deewewghewvjfwehkqfwejhvfrqjkw-du-du-du-du is kinda off-putting.
5. Reverie - In A Year - Very nicely done! Wow, that was really good dude!
6. chev311e - One Lonely Ride - That was very well done, dude. I liked it
7. Gabriel Graves - Smile - Not my thing
8. Chasing Echoes - I Will Follow You - Voice is too week, sorry
9. SGstriker - All Must End - With better recording this would be a hit (nice job). Classic guitar solo kinda ruind it though. I think it needs a heavy distorted guitar solo with the same notes/phrasing and shit. But this was really good. Like super good, except the recording.
10. Mr Tumnus - Gerald the Engraviour - interesting but boring at the same time?
11. Stephen Afflitto - Simple Things - Very niecly done
12. Elephants Over Oceans - Freeze Frame - A part of me wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't.
13. Harrison Bellamy (mind_meld) - Mallee - I really like this song. But might want to break up the bass strokes with a few midtone strokes.
14. Space Cowboys - Dusty Roads - Skipped ahead and then skipped back but then skippen back and it still sounded the same.
15. CaptainO - Encounters With Anyone - leaves me wondering and and that isn't a good thing.
16. ehbacon ft. SGstriker - APileofDeadCocks - Can't really judge a mod, even though he's writing a song based on a former member. Sorry. - Listened and 0/10 you fail and you suck at writing music.

FINALE = 5,6,9,11
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by metal4eva_22

16. ehbacon ft. SGstriker - APileofDeadCocks - Can't really judge a mod, even though he's writing a song based on a former member. Sorry. - Listened and 0/10 you fail and you suck at writing music.

Last edited by ehbacon at Jun 2, 2015,
Good job guys, I like this
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Quote by metal4eva_22

4. Dreadnought - Autumn Eyes- MOD = AWESOMEPOST (Sorry, No objectivity = No Opinion) All I can say is work on recording because du-du-deewewghewvjfwehkqfwejhvfrqjkw-du-du-du-du is kinda off-putting.

I do not know what this means
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Thanks for the good review on mine though, metal4eva
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Excellent work guys, can't wait to see you all next year Three cheers to our hard-ass project leader Jon777 for whipping us all into shape for this!

Backstory of my track (Dusty Roads) for anyone interested: I was putting mad feels into mine, I recorded it a few days after breaking it off with my fwb :'( It's a musical analogy for what it's like to go through some time with no one to suck your dick; bland, repetitive and fulll of sadness. Liek if u cri evry tiem
All my hobbies are expensive, pls $$donate to my cause$$
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Nice, will download and listen later. I know a couple of these songs already from the songwriting game and they're cool, so yeah, looking forward to the rest. Also Jon, maybe you could edit a thingy into the OP explaining who's who.
Damn, this is an awesome compilation! Awesome contributions.

Makes me realize how talented everyone is and how much I suck at singing...whatever, I'll work that much harder to improve it. Props to Jon777 for making it flow as well as it does.
So hyped for this. Here we go!

1. TV-Casualty - "Water World":
Holy hell, your voice is so relaxing. Vocal tone reminds me of Tyrone Wells quite a lot. Drumming keeps the track flowing well. I like the ride sound. Diggin' the backing vox. Catchy chorus too.

2. StewieSwan - "A War Story":
The leads are a real attention-grabber. 3:12 is just gorgeous. Very solid vocal/lyrical work. Your high vocals impress me quite a bit, as well as your last note. Nice work, man.

3. Saints Of Nowhere (Cameron Johnson) - "Let It Go":
I feel like i've told you this somewhere before, but your voice (and writing style) sounds so much like August Harris Lauren, and I like that. Real catchy and haunting vocal melodies. Definitely the kind to easily get stuck in the listeners head.

4. Dreadnought - "Autumn Eyes":
I would love to be able to write instrumentals like this. Loving the use of reverb. Is it just me, or does it clip a bunch? Dunno if you were going for a lo-fi sound, but it does give it a lot of character. Beautifully written piece. Seriously.

5. Reverie - "In A Year":
The beginning riff reminds me a bit of Meister's "I Call You Love". I can dig it. Liking the upbeat sound throughout the track. The bass has a nice, solid driving sound to it. Especially love the lead riff @ 2:27. Great writing, dude.

6. chev311e - "One Lonely Ride":
I like the reverb on that lead @ 0:33 in. It did sound a bit dry, but it has a lot of stand-alone character. Really like your vocals and lyric-work. The left-lead at 1:43 caught my attention straight away. The ending harmonies were a bit loud, but were well-sung. Awesome job!

7. Gabriel Graves - "Smile":
That kick tho. It sets such a large atmosphere. How did you create that sound? Been looking for something similar. Oh, jeez. I love this chorus so much. Very Oasis-like. Vocal tone fits so well and compliments the instrumental spot-on. Wonderful writing style. Wish this song was longer, but it's amazing as is. Someday, if I remember, I'd love to cover this.

8. Chasing Echoes - "I Will Follow You":
My song. Woo!

9. SGstriker - "All Must End":
Love that intro. Real deep and sets the tone for the rest of the track. Your voice definitely has a lot of character to it. Such a catchy phrase once all the instruments kick in. Definitely an incredible chorus. I think your vocals sound best when you belt out. That chorus hits hard, man. Love that acoustic solo. Real cool Southern(?) sound. Ending the piece with how it all began was a nice touch. Excellent song, dude!

10. Mr. Tumnus - "Gerald The Engraviour":
Really enjoying this tune. Sounds like something Buckethead might write from his Acoustic albums; mellow, but with a ton of different things going on at once. Great playing!

11. Stephen Afflitto - "Simple Things":
Your piano sound is gorgeous. How did you get such a sound? Recorded live or direct-in? The strings bring so many different emotions. This is something I wish I could have written. You should write for films. They'd absolutely love you. Such an amazing piece of music.

12. Elephants Over Oceans - "Freeze Frame":
Feeling that Country-esque guitarwork. The vocal tone/melodies compliment the instrumental and vice versa. When you drop the song title in as the music stops; that hit pretty well. Great leads too. Nicely written!

13. Hassion Bellamy (mind_meld) - "Mallee":
Another complex-sounding acoustic instrumental. Loving the rhythm-work. Sounds a bit like Kaki King, and I love Kaki King. A bit of Acoustic Rock thrown in as well? Sweet! I could definitely jam out to this. Amazing job and well-written!

14. Space Cowboys - "Dusty Roads":
Real cool space vibe & slide sound. A complete 'chill-out and kickback' track. Always wanted to work on my slide technique. Dunno why I haven't, but I really like this piece. Lots of atmosphere. a few notes here and there sound a bit out of tune(?), but it has a ton of character backing them in the long-run. Good job, dude!

15. CaptainO - "Encounters With Anyone":
Dat voice. Holy hell. Love the lyrics. Very catchy melodies, both vocally and instrumentally. Your voice has such a warm sound to it. Love the line "anyone would do right now". Very well-written and has such a presence with just vocals and an acoustic.

16. ehbacon (Feat. SGstriker) - "APileOfDeadCocks":
Holy hhnng the vocals rustle my jimmies so hard. Have my e-babies.
Nothing suits the pit more than this beautifully written composition.

Such an awesome compilation. Glad to be a part of this with all of you talented artists.
Can't wait for the next album!
Quote by Harlot Hero
15. CaptainO - "Encounters With Anyone":
Dat voice. Holy hell. Love the lyrics. Very catchy melodies, both vocally and instrumentally. Your voice has such a warm sound to it. Love the line "anyone would do right now". Very well-written and has such a presence with just vocals and an acoustic.

Thanks, really appreciate your comment!

I was actually thinking of adding xylophones and stuff, but then I remembered that I don't have xylophones
[quote="Harlot Hero
4. Dreadnought - "Autumn Eyes":
I would love to be able to write instrumentals like this. Loving the use of reverb. Is it just me, or does it clip a bunch? Dunno if you were going for a lo-fi sound, but it does give it a lot of character. Beautifully written piece. Seriously.

It's absolutely not intentional, it's a shitty recording from 8 years ago when I was in high school, but thanks for the kind words
thanks for all the kind words fellas. these albums are always a blast to put together. when i get some free time later i'll post my thoughts on all of the songs.

Quote by sickman411
Nice, will download and listen later. I know a couple of these songs already from the songwriting game and they're cool, so yeah, looking forward to the rest. Also Jon, maybe you could edit a thingy into the OP explaining who's who.

done

Quote by SGstriker
5. The emotions this speaks speak to me lol. I feel like I know what it's about in spite of the lack of lyrics. I can hear all sorts of vocal melodies in my head. Very nice!

i actually have most of the vocal melodies worked out, but i didn't have time to write lyrics and record vocals ;__;

Quote by metal4eva_22
5. Reverie - In A Year - Very nicely done! Wow, that was really good dude!

Quote by Harlot Hero
5. Reverie - "In A Year":
The beginning riff reminds me a bit of Meister's "I Call You Love". I can dig it. Liking the upbeat sound throughout the track. The bass has a nice, solid driving sound to it. Especially love the lead riff @ 2:27. Great writing, dude.

That's good post you have shared here.Good Job
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
So I'm only just now hearing the album, will try to say something about each song but I'm awful at this.

Water World - Pretty nice as an album starter. Felt a bit cheesy sometimes, but it's got a nice feel and it's catchy and I think I was listening to the song as though it were more serious than it is at first.

A War Story - Love that verse. Song flows pretty well between sections, well put together.

Let It Go - I was on the fence about this song at first for some reason but it kept me interested throughout and it started to grow on me as I listened. I kind of wanted to hear the verse again at the end.

Autumn Eyes - It was pretty nice but it got a little aimless halfway through.

In A Year - Was expecting vocals for some reason. But it's pretty cool, sounds good without the vocals. Could be shorter though.

One Lonely Ride - Ayyy this song! I like this rerecorded version, sounds more dynamic both guitar-wise and vocal-wise. Nice octave vocal at the last chorus. I think I preferred the electric guitar fills in the chorus from the other version.

Smile - Ayyy this song! It's great and very SirZep. Great vocals on this one. The "man to control" bit was once stuck in my head for days when I had the songwriting game album that had this song in the car back in Portugal. You guys should listen to this guy's album (which includes this song), it's pretty great.

I Will Follow You - Chorus is pretty interesting. I think the calm acoustic instrumental doesn't work well with the intense vocals, but then again this is the acoustic album so yeah

All Must End - Pretty cool, well structured. You managed to keep it really interesting all the way through. Actually somewhat unpredictable in a good way in parts. Love the live-ish vibe of the chorus.

Gerald the Engraviour - Sounds quite video game soundtrack-y. I love the somewhat chaotic slides throughout. Definitely a highlight of the album.

Simple Things - Nice and atmospheric. Not much else to add.

Freeze Frame - I like the vocals, they fit the song style.

Mallee - Nice jammy jam. I like the whole play between the guitar and the bass.

Dusty Roads - This is pretty chill. It's repetitive but it doesn't get tiring, you just want to hear the bit over and over again. I like it when those two somewhat dissonant notes come up. Damn it my computer started acting up halfway through and the song started to play extremely slow and I couldn't do anything and it took me like 2 minutes to be able to pause and wtf

Encounters With Anyone - YES! I had the chorus from this song playing in my head a couple of weeks ago and I knew it was a song of yours but I didn't know which song it was and I didn't remember anything other than the chorus, and as for the lyrics I definitely remembered the word "somehow" there but none of the rest of it. And yeah it's this song! Great!

APileOfDeadCocks - nice, love that delay+other thing idk on the word cocks, it creates a nice hook there. #rektbybacon

Album highlights (I tried to choose 5 songs but had to choose 6 in the end):
A War Story, Let It Go, Smile, All Must End, Gerald the Engraviour, Dusty Roads

Overall I liked this better than the first one as far as I remember because I think this one is more varied so it's kinf of kept more interesting throughout. Also I think I'm going to have bacon/Striker's song stuck in my head for months like the previous bacon/Striker song.
Last edited by sickman411 at Jul 20, 2015,
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by sickman411
Mallee - Nice jammy jam. I like the whole play between the guitar and the bass.

But... there is no bass... lol

Ok finally burnt this to CD and its been playing in my car, off the top of my head the standouts are One Lonely Ride, Smile, I Will Follow You, Encounters With Anyone.

Last two days I've had chev's song stuck in my head
Then I must have misheard haha, some low guitar part FUNCTIONING AS BASS SO IT'S A BASS OK I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG but actually you are also right and I'm not really right so idk just don't throw acid on me or something ok

Actually I'm hearing the bit again now and I hadn't realised it was a single guitar part. I don't usually listen for the instruments. But yeah like, the thing going between highs and lows.
listening to this right now

on track 6 right now

track 6 is fkin awesome. i would pay for an album of music like this track. chevelle hmu i'll pay for ur studio time
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Page 1 of 2