Anybody know of a reverb pedal that can really capture that wet, drippy, surf reverb. Like The Trashmen, Ventures, Beach Boys, etc... I know about the Boss frv-1 and the Danelectro Spring King. Are there any other pedals that would be good for this application?
One of these should do it:

https://reverb.com/item/518717-univox-pro-verb-vintage-spring-reverb-effect-unit

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-vintage-reissue-63-reverb-unit

http://www.kendrick-amplifiers.com/product/KEN0103-REVB1000.html

Maybe these on budget (after the Fender) - Holy Grail or Boss Fender, maybe they'll get you there and you can test them in music stores:
http://sixstringsensei.com/692/mighty-reverb-pedal-guitar-effect-of-springy-goodness/

I find that the reverb is very much based on the interaction with the tube amp, so haven't been able to find one that sounds good unless we're talking the big tank with the tube pre, like the Fender. I have a Laney LC15 that gets those amazing tones with its built in reverb but it starts getting dirty. I think you might just get one of those big lugs Fender makes (Deville, etc.) with the spring reverb, might be cheaper than buying the verb separately.
Last edited by diabolical at Jun 2, 2015,
Alternatively look at something like the Hall of Fame. Plenty of tone prints that will get you there, or even create your own tailor precisely to your amp
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
ehx holy grail gets quite drippy for cheap, as does the BOSS Frv-1. I've have a real fender unit which really satisfies those drippy cravings though...
That Fender spring reverb is just a great sound. I haven't heard anything that sounds quite like it but some come close. I always thought the sound was partially enhanced because of the way it was placed in the bottom of a Fender amp with the open back cab. The vibration of the speaker also vibrates the springs in the reverb box and just adds that awesome "drippy" tone you talk about (I like that term drippy). One of my first decent amps was a Fender Bandmaster head and cab with a Fender Reverb that I sat on top. In my opinion it wasn't as good as the ones built into the amps. I traded it in and bought a Fender Twin Reverb and there it was. That great Fender reverb sound. One of the best (if not the best) and loudest amps I ever owned.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Yep, nothing beats a great Fender amp with spring reverb for that epic surf guitar sound. Some digital effects can get reasonably close, especially if used in the effects loop. If you really want to go there a Twin, HRD, DRRI is probably in your future. I always have to keep one around because Surf happens.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Will Lane
JHS Alpine?

Oof, no. Not a great spring emulator, and lots of better options if you want to drop $250 on a reverb pedal. Catalinbread Topanga comes to mind, as does the Malekko and the Digitech Polara. Dr. Scientist is good in general but the spring setting is a bit odd.
Quote by Cajundaddy
I always have to keep one around because Surf happens.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I'm a fan of the Subdecay Super Spring Theory. I use it with a BF Bandmaster, which I've changed to Super Reverb specs. It's not quite as perfect as built-in Fender reverb, but it's definitely worth it for me to ditch the extra weight of the reverb tank or put a SR in a head chassis.

The Super Spring Theory has a tone knob, with which you can control how in-your-face the drip is. There's also a dry signal mix knob, in addition to the reverb level and decay knobs. The room setting is a nice bonus if you're into that.
Ben
I have very fond memories of seeing Dick Dale about 20 years ago at a club in New Jersey (that's long gone) and I have never heard anyone manipulate a spring reverb like that. It was "the" classic surf sound from the first note of his show. I also have rarely heard anyone play that loud in a club. Extremely clean and nasty, but really LOUD!
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Catalinbread Topenga or Mr. Black Deluxe Plus (which has a great tremolo in it too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyvtzc3tftI
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Quote by NakedInTheRain
the mr black is nice, but no splash at all in that video.

True, true. Bad example on my hand.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Still...well within the genre and its close cousins. Worthy of posting, IMHO.

I will throw the Mojo Hand fx dewdrop reverb in for contention
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Will Lane
JHS Alpine?

I just looked at that one- very nice! It's not quite got that truly splashy reverb, but much like the Mr Black Deluxe, worthy of consideration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFJIGgffWRo&sns=em

Yeah the TCE Hall of Fame would be a good versatile choice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I know its not what you asked, but I can get some great surf tones from my AC30CCH without pedals.
Maybe look into that at some point down the road.