Didn't know where to post this so I put it here. Got a Dan echo older board no surface mount components today in a swap. I get clean signal fine when effect is bypassed but when effect is engaged I just get noise like the delay is there all controls work but no guitar signal or very little passes through. Doesn't matter how I set any of the controls maxed minimum or anything in between. Very strange. Any ideas? Thanks.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Anybody? I get the guitar to come through when effect is engaged now but it still is only letting me hear the speed mix tone lofi HiFi of the echo but its not effecting the guitar signal just runs right along with it I'm stumped.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Any help guys?
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by Will Lane
You don't have the mix set completely wet, do you?

Also what do you mean by "no surface mount components"?

He means that it's not SMT and is a through-hole board. It's not the smaller, surface mounted parts that are hard to replace and work on etc... Probably mentioned it cause he was looking to fix it himself.

So not this:

this:

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jun 3, 2015,
Exactly I'm looking at fixing it myself and no I'm not running it all the way wet problems persist no matter how it's running. Its not SMT its thru hole.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
If you haven't mailed off those tubes yet, throw it in the package and I'll take a look at it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Right on I haven't forgot about you man amperex bugle boys favored tubes just haven't got them off yet I'll try and make it a priority for this week and I'll PM you the tracking info. But the Dan echo is a nightly project I been at while watching tv and being on the mend so I'm gonna keep at it with multimeter and determination till I figure it out. Delays sure are a bit more complicated than what I'm use to though.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
My guess would be the mode switch.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The hi/lo switch? I've also noticed previous owners have done some mods of some form to this as evident by the wima caps I overlooked on first examination. Though wima are good caps and really only available through order around here and I and others heavily use them in pedal building and modding doesn't mean previous owners knew jack at what they were doing. So back to the drawing board.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
I'd take a look here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64519.20
It has several mods for the dan echo, although they use the SMD version, you might be able to use it as a guide.
^ thanks for the link gave me some ideas cbut most of the posts are about the 20 buck fab echo which is drastically different but useful link none the less as I'm modding one of these next.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals