Track title: Where is Everybody?
Link to track: https://soundcloud.com/andresjam/andres-where-is-everybody

Hey dudes!

I dedicated my track "Where is Everybody?" to The Twilight Zone. For you fans out there Where is Everybody? is the name of the first episode. Like my other tracks, this is some mash-up of metal, shoegaze, blues rock, and probably other stuff too. I'd appreciate it if you would check it out and let me know what you think about the mix/instrumentation/structure or whatever else.

C4C: If you have any work to share, please leave the link/forum post in your response, I'd be happy to check it out.

Thanks so much!
Last edited by silvadolla at Jun 2, 2015,
I really enjoyed the overall feel of the song, as well as your guitar tone. You did a good job projecting emotion through your playing. The intro licks were really nice, and i thought the arpeggios toward the end were a nice addition.
This track has some real atmosphere to it, gave me goosebumps.

The lead guitar seems to be a hit but sometimes a miss for some reason, as though sometimes it goes all "eh, whatever". But mostly it sounds really good, very old school solo choices.

What I really like about it is the fact that it fits perfectly for what it was described. Production is awesome and I listen to it through my laptop speakers. That kick drum sounds ****ing brutal, what plugin are you using?

The outro is nice but I think it could've been done better by letting the lead guitar ring out a bit more.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1677696
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Last edited by Guitar0player at Jun 3, 2015,
Quote by silvadolla
Track title: Where is Everybody?
Link to track: https://soundcloud.com/andresjam/andres-where-is-everybody

Hey dudes!

I dedicated my track "Where is Everybody?" to The Twilight Zone. For you fans out there Where is Everybody? is the name of the first episode. Like my other tracks, this is some mash-up of metal, shoegaze, blues rock, and probably other stuff too. I'd appreciate it if you would check it out and let me know what you think about the mix/instrumentation/structure or whatever else.

C4C: If you have any work to share, please leave the link/forum post in your response, I'd be happy to check it out.

Thanks so much!

I love that chord progression; the fourth chord has some awesome additional, jazzy, notes.
How in the hell did you get that amazing tone and mix! It sounds absolutely solid. Although, if I were to give one critique it would be that the lead guitar is maybe just a TAD too loud for my taste, it kind of sounds like it is not a part of the piece but that the rest of the piece is a backing track for that part; it's pretty much the volume of vocals, which can totally work, but i feel that the other instruments have a lot to offer, because of the awesome progressions. But that's just a matter of taste.

but apart from the loud lead it sounds like a great mix; good bass frequencies while still having very clear, distinct chords in the rhythmguitars. Great job!
I like your soloing. Really tasteful IMO, the tone is cool too, a harshish tone without getting overly nasty. Drum patterns are cool, the transitions work well with the track I felt. They do sound a wee bit dry though, maybe add a tiny amount of reverb to your drum buss? Raising the volume of your rhythm and bass would also add some punch I guess, but I'm no expert.